WELCOME


Rodmond - RT - RTtheRealest

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything." James 1:2-4

"Whatever you do in life, make sure you follow your heart. Nobody can see your vision like you can see it."

A personal blog, an unfiltered and uncensored place of expression, a personal journal.

EST 12/15/2009

Sunday, June 01, 2014

Encouragement From All Directions

I was gonna just lump this into the previous post but nah decided to make this it's own post. I've been sharing with you guys how I've been feeling overwhelmed with everything going on in my life atm...and I've had a feel really good conversations this past week that really gave me peace and encouragement and I really appreciate it. Today's message really hit me and just drove the whole point home that God is always in control, I just have to trust Him. We learned that temptations will always be around, we'll face them from now till the day we die...but just because we are tempted, does not mean that we have to fall into it. The pastor made a analogy that when birds fly over your head, you can't tell them hey, don't fly over my head, but when they try to build a nest on your head, that is something you can prevent and stop. Similarly...temptation is all around you...it's not something that you can stop...but what you can prevent is falling into it...and sinning because of it...and that really hit me hard. That I\m always going to face trials and temptations...but how I react to it is key. And that just reminded me about the tattoo I wanted to get...no I haven't forgotten, it's just something I've being prayerful and patient about...but I told y'all I wanted to get the verse in James that talks about embracing your temptation and finding joy in it cuz you know it'll help you grow. So that's just a great reminder to me. Special thanks to my one friend who sent me this bible verse when I was struggling and confiding in her....it was definitely a great and needed reminder.

"Humble yourselves, therefore, under God's mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time. Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you." 1 Peter 5:6-7

No comments:

Post a Comment