WELCOME


Rodmond - RT - RTtheRealest

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything." James 1:2-4

"Whatever you do in life, make sure you follow your heart. Nobody can see your vision like you can see it."

A personal blog, an unfiltered and uncensored place of expression, a personal journal.

EST 12/15/2009

Thursday, June 12, 2014

Loving To Win or Hating To Lose?

I've always been told I'm a very competitive person, I know that lol...from trivial things like boards games or card games...to things like sports and such. I put a lot of pressure on myself and hold myself to a very high standard...especially when it comes to things I like/love and am somewhat/pretty good at. Things I'm not good at, I'll still be very competitive because I'll put in the effort to learn and be good at it if I think it's worth it. But when it comes to things I love and am decent at like sports or video games, I'm very competitive. Sometimes I dunno whether it's the fact that I love winning and the feeling that comes with it...or I just hate losing you know. Sometimes, I can't really tell the difference, but I know for sure it's a little bit of both. Don't get me wrong tho...I'm not competitive to the point where I'm a total dick about everything, not even close...me being really competitive just means I work really had and get really down on myself if I'm not working hard or if I'm not doing well. That holds especially true in team sports I guess...I get dejected and you can visibly see it in my face, I get frustrated at my team/team mates too, but I would never put them down because of it, if anything I would just hold myself more responsible. Sports is probably the thing where I'm most competitive because it's something I absolutely love doing and something that brings me great joy. Whether that's basketball, softball, volleyball, football, ultimate frisbee, badminton, anything that I like playing or am decent in, I'm competitive. Today we had an ultimate game and we got bloooown out...17-2...damn, that's just straight up embarrassing no life. I'm obv disappointed in my team, but I'm more disappointed in myself I guess, just cuz I feel I could've done more, yeah it's a team sport, but some of the guys/girls are new, so what can I really do...damn. There's honestly no chemistry whatsoever on the team...we don't have practices, so things have been, are and will continue to be a mess...man...ultimate is something I honestly really love too. And especially playing on my high school team for 4 years and playing in university for a few years...being used to everyone knowing what they're doing and stuff...not even having to like each other, but respecting each other and putting aside differences for the game itself...man. If we keep it up...we're gonna lose...big time. The fact that we lose 17-2 tells me we'll probably lose a lot of games this season. Then again, things can change, if we work hard and practice obviously...we'll see. We're only 3 games in...but a lot of things have got to change fast...

No comments:

Post a Comment