WELCOME


Rodmond - RT - RTtheRealest

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything." James 1:2-4

"Whatever you do in life, make sure you follow your heart. Nobody can see your vision like you can see it."

A personal blog, an unfiltered and uncensored place of expression, a personal journal.

EST 12/15/2009

Monday, June 09, 2014

Don't Prove It, Just Be It...

I was sharing on Sunday with my worship team about softball stuff cuz we went through a few verses about Israel disobeying God and losing the war because of it. One particular verse was saying why would you disobey God when you know it's going to be unsuccessful. It talked about trusting God and in His plan. I shared about softball...how it started off and still sometimes is a struggle...to get everything together, to run practices, to make people happy, to make sure I'm respected or that people see me as a coach. I told them how I talked to my friend about it and she said why are you worrying about all these things...remember WHO are you doing this for...not for the team...so who cares what they think. It's not about your relationship with them but about your relationship with God. She said as long as I'm right with God and doing everything because of Him, who cares about everything else. Anyways, back to present time...one of the guys on the team said something that hit me straight up...he said why do you feel you need to prove to them you're a coach or whatever...you already ARE a coach...so just BE it. And that really struck me...he was right on the dot...I was doing all these things,t rying to make then happy, planning good practices, productive drills, making sure everyone's listening to me...as if I needed reassurance that I am a coach or that I was a good coach...when that's totally irrelevant and that's why his point struck me so hard...I already am a coach, but still I had this inner desire to prove to the whole team that I was what I already am. But yeah...we had a double header this past Saturday, caught up in the last inning to tie the first game and we won the second game. I'm definitely happy and encouraged by the progress that the team has made in terms of skill improvement and just openness and comfort around everyone. But of course, I know it's all by the grace of God that this is all possible and I'm super humbled and thankful for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment