WELCOME


Rodmond - RT - RTtheRealest

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything." James 1:2-4

"Whatever you do in life, make sure you follow your heart. Nobody can see your vision like you can see it."

A personal blog, an unfiltered and uncensored place of expression, a personal journal.

EST 12/15/2009

Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Spiritual Encouragement

So we had a double header this past weekend and I had to lead a devo for one of the games cuz my friend who usually does it had to attend a wedding. I was pretty nervous I must say...I struggled with what to talk about. I remember it was like 2 nights before the game and I was talking with a friend about her struggles with boys and the topic of contentment clicked into my head and just being content in your situation and your surroundings and being satisfied in Christ. Then I remember the night before, the Friday we had a bible study about being stewards/servants of Christ and I felt really compelled to talk about that. Come game day, I ended up sticking with my devo about contentment because I remembered a past conversation with another friend and it sparked my heart to talk about it. Anyways, after my devo...as we were getting ready for our second game...this guy from the other team came to me and was like yo I really appreciated your devo. The fact that you took your time and you put your heart into it. That most people try to rush it so they can leave and go to dinner or whatever. He's like man, who cares...if you devo is long, it doesn't matter. He's like it really stuck and spoke to me and I appreciate it, keep doing your thing. Those words definitely encouraged me a lot and reminded me and enforced as well what I talked about...the fact that this league is morethan just about softball...but about fellowship with one another, from the same team or different team and most of all uplifting one another all for the glory of Christ. Definitely some encouragement with I really needed...thanks homie.

No comments:

Post a Comment