WELCOME


Rodmond - RT - RTtheRealest

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything." James 1:2-4

"Whatever you do in life, make sure you follow your heart. Nobody can see your vision like you can see it."

A personal blog, an unfiltered and uncensored place of expression, a personal journal.

EST 12/15/2009

Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Where Your Real Friends At?

I remember watching a video and to sum it up, a friend calls you in the middle of the night and they need your help, they're desperate, what would you do? Today, I experienced that...I came out after work at 9 pm at the mall...my car wouldn't unlock...the button wasn't working...had to manually use the key to open it. Long story short...my car wouldn't start... realized I had left my headlights on and the battery died. Immediately started panicking...called my parents but they didn't have jumper cables so they said they'd call and try to ask their friends while I did the same. First off...in no way am I criticising the people who I called and didn't help me. But anyways...I called a bunch of friends and a few offered to help you know. Some had that hesitancy in their voice and that "don't really wanna do it" feeling in their voice.As I sat in my car scrolling through my contacts...what hit me even more wasn't the people who I called that debated in their head if they wanted to help me or the people who offered to pick me up right away. It was the fact that looking at the names on my phone...I struggled with who to ask,,,who to call...looking at the names...oh, he wouldn't help me, she wouldn't help me, he's always busy, she's always busy...and that hit me hard. It revealed yeah, who are my "real" friends who would help me in need. But it also revealed to me something about myself...who I view asmy closest friends who I know would hlep me in an isntant. Anyways...this was more a reflection for myself...not a downer post about the people that didn't help me....but a HUGE shoutouts to my brother...my homie John for helping me out...I know how out of the way it was...thank you brother. Now the question to you is...in times of need, whn yiu're absolutely desperate...who's the first person you'd call...aside from fam of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment