WELCOME


Rodmond - RT - RTtheRealest

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything." James 1:2-4

"Whatever you do in life, make sure you follow your heart. Nobody can see your vision like you can see it."

A personal blog, an unfiltered and uncensored place of expression, a personal journal.

EST 12/15/2009

Sunday, June 07, 2020

Ask The Audience #9: Strengths & Weaknesses

Hey friends, so after a lot of thought I think I'm gonna stop the ATA's at 10, take it as like an end of season 1. Maybe I'll revisit it sometime in the future, who knows. For now I kinda wanna just do my own thing, feel like there's a lot of things I wanna talk to y'all about and I just haven't been motivated to do so cuz a lot of my energy and effort goes into thinking and planning the ATA's. Also this opens the doors for possible new ideas and segments, I don't even know how I came  up with the ATA's, it just kinda popped into my head...and it was a head, people REALLY enjoyed it and the views showed that too. I also wanna get back into the guest posts cuz I kinda kicked that to the curb while working on the ATA's. But like I said, this isn't goodbye, just an end of a season...and with any ending comes new beginnings. So look out for that sooner than later. As usual, past ATA's linked below...

Ask The Audience #3: Best Dating Experience
Ask The Audience #4: Worst Dating ExperienceAsk The Audience #5: Best Advice
Ask The Audience #6: Failure, Rejection, Setback, Loss
Ask The Audience #7: Quarantine Thoughts
Ask The Audience #8: Memories

I think it's really important to know things that you're good at and things you're not...it lets you know what things you need or could work on and also teaches you how you should approach certain circumstances and situations, utilizing and leaning on your strengths. With that being said...today's question is:

What do you think is one of your greatest strengths and weaknesses?

Guy #1: I think that one of my biggest strengths is that I am a good people person. I have a pretty good idea of how to communicate with people when it matters, but I am also very bad at making conversation... I don't know if that makes sense. When it comes to networking or meeting new people, I am not the greatest because I don't necessarily know what to talk about. However, when it comes down to deep talks or meaningful conversations, I have a good sense on how to have those conversations. I also think being a good people person encompasses the ability to be able to stay level-headed and see both sides to a story and being understanding of all spectrums and sides to a story and not jumping to conclusions. I would say one of my weakness is my ability to control my emotions. As much as I understand different sides of a story, some things will still bother me on a personal level. It could be feeling left out from friends, or sometimes not feeling like I fit in to a certain group (even a group of my closest brothers and/or friends). Maybe it isn't so much of a weakness as it is a realization that it's okay to be vulnerable and show emotions, but I would say all in all that I'm a pretty emotional guy haha.
Girl #1: I’d say my greatest strength is that I’m pretty good at keeping a level head and thinking things through. Even in stressful situations I can usually rationalize and come up with a good solution. Hard to pick only one weakness cause I got so many but maybe my greatest one is I’m so damn lazy.

Guy #2: Strength - Working in a team. Weakness - Lack of communication.
Girl #2: One of many strengths of mine is that I am very humble. I think this characteristic is one of my greatest strengths as this allows me to build different friendships and networking relationships as it leaves a good impression and allows people to approach me within thinking something negative. Although I am young, I have been through a lot of difficulties through my journey of growth and adulthood. It has taught me to be kind and approachable to everyone because we can never live our lives to its full potential if we have such an enclosed mentality. One of many weaknesses that I live with is the fact that I don't like changes in life. I think this weakness of mine is very hard to explain as I like to live my life in a certain way and when things change, it takes me a very long time to adapt to this new change or lifestyle shift. It is very hard for me to collect my thoughts when there's such a change in my life. Things like moving and travelling without my family are very challenging to me as I do not like the change and it is almost as if I have to start a new life or a new journey in life

Guy #3: I think my greatest strength is having insight. For example, if I am talking to a friend about a problem they’re dealing with, usually I am able to point out certain things or a different perspective that they don’t see. I think my biggest weakness is having low self-esteem. When my career path or relationships with people don’t work out according to my plan, it often affects my self-confidence and self-worth. I guess I can be very hard on myself because when I fail, the first thing I think about is what I could’ve done to avoid the outcome.
Girl #3: 1) greatest strength - I think i'm a very empathetic person, whether it's at work with patients or giving advice to my friends; i try my best to understand ppl's feelings & perspectives. greatest weakness - I'm a perfectionist! makes it hard for me to "relax", and I guess it can lead to me having some unrealistic expectations for others as well

Guy 4: I think one of my strengths would be that I'm reliable. You can talk to me about anything with no judgement and it makes for some of the best conversations. I'm always available whenever someone needs to talk and even if you catch me when I'm busy, I'd still make time for you. I'm the type to check on you and make sure that everything is well. One of my weaknesses would be I overthink a lot. Mostly at how people see me or wondering what I could've done differently in situations. It's very self-destructive and at times it really brings out the bad side out of me.
Girl #4: My greatest strength: Refusing to give up, no matter how much crazy shit is thrown my way in life and how much I like taking care of people/supporting them.
My weakness: Not knowing when to walk away from something or someone because I hate leaving this "unfinished".


Guy #5: Weakness: lack of empathy. Strength: drive and focus on goals.
Girl #5: Haha this sounds like a job interview. I think that one of my greatest strengths is talking to people, especially strangers. I didn’t realize that this was an asset until just a few years ago when I realized that I have an easier time at making connections and having meaningful conversations with people who I’ve just met than most people. It’s helped me a lot during my jobs, especially ones where I interact customers, and outside of work it’s opened up a lot of opportunities for friendships that have grown and become super important to me, despite the random places that they may have started. I think one of my biggest weaknesses is procrastination (sorry Rodmond for taking so long to get these responses back to you). It’s been a big problem in my life ever since I was a kid, and it’s actually quite severe to the point where I’ll be frozen in a panic even when I genuinely want to get something done.

No comments:

Post a Comment