WELCOME


Rodmond - RT - RTtheRealest

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything." James 1:2-4

"Whatever you do in life, make sure you follow your heart. Nobody can see your vision like you can see it."

A personal blog, an unfiltered and uncensored place of expression, a personal journal.

EST 12/15/2009

Monday, June 29, 2020

Welcome To The Rest Of Your Life

So I feel like when you're in your 20's, a lot of time is spent experimenting and figuring things out. You're in the time of your life for where you're figuring out friends, relationships, school, future job opportunities and most importantly yourself. By your 30's, it's more about establishing and solidifying all these things. By then, you should have a pretty clear idea of who you are as an individual and create goals accordingly. Your friend circles are more or less set in stone and the rest of your time is spent establishing a career, maybe finding a partner and/or buying your own home. To answer the question tho, I really hate to be cliche, but I just wanna be happy. If there's one thing I've learned from being in school for so long, bouncing from program to program or going from regular job to regular job...it's that whatever I do in the future, I want it to make me happy. My dad used to always ask me when I was a kid he'd be like hey would you rather work a job you hate that pays a lot or work a job you love and get paid not a lot/average. Now that I have a good amount of work experience under my belt and have worked in a few different fields of work, I can safely say that the money really don't mean jack. Obviously if you're in a circumstance where money is an absolutely necessity for survival, things may be different. But for me...I can't stand the thought of waking up every single day dreading my job...and to know that I have to do this for the rest of my life. Cuz I've worked jobs that were absolutely terrible, but I just told myself to think about the money and to keep going. In other cases, maybe it's the environment and people around you that motivate you to keep coming to work. Just getting older and knowing myself better and better, I know I won't be satisfied working a job I hate that pays good money. Literally like checking the time every hour like is it done yet, can I go home yet? Imagine that every single day for the rest of your life lol. I think about myself when I'm at work and how slow time tends to feel, whereas when you're doing something you enjoy...not only do you not even think about time but you literally look forward to it as well. Work doesn't really feel like work when you enjoy your job, it'll still be stressful a nd come with its own challenges for sure, but when you enjoy it...its a different feeling. Now I don't wanna just leave y'all with that lowkey corny answer like yeah I just wanna be happy that's it LOL. Obviously through my experiences working, volunteering and teaching, I've found things I enjoy doing and aspects in a job/career that would bring me joy. I think the common denominator for me is that whatever I do...whether it's teaching related or social work related or maybe something different...I wanna work with youth, like teens/young adults. I've worked with kids of lots of different ages and I've found most enjoyment in working with like high school kids...I feel like they bring out the most in me and I feel like I can bring out the most in them as well. Through my experiences in church, in schools, at work...and having a good sense of my personality and stuff...I genuinely feel like that's the population I wanna work with. When I figured that out, I wasn't as bummed about not getting into teacher's college anymore because this lady from my church told me like hey just cuz you're not a teacher doesn't mean you can't teach. And she was right cuz there's so many different outlets and career options that would allow me to work with youth. I don't really know how to end this post lol, I was sitting in the kitchen and it all just kinda came to me so here I am writing this at like 2 am in the morning. I wrote a paragraph and didn't like how it sounded or where it was heading so I wrote it all over again. Hope it makes sense of sounds somewhat coherent. I'll see y'all soon, peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment