WELCOME


Rodmond - RT - RTtheRealest

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything." James 1:2-4

"Whatever you do in life, make sure you follow your heart. Nobody can see your vision like you can see it."

A personal blog, an unfiltered and uncensored place of expression, a personal journal.

EST 12/15/2009

Sunday, June 14, 2020

You're Immature, Grow Up

So June feels like it's going by hella fast lol, or is that just me? Anyways, I know it's been a while since we last spoke...just been kinda lazy I guess. So I've told y'all before how I had this one friend always refer to me as immature and that I needed to grow up and be more serious. I really took this to heart just cuz I really cared and valued her as a person and what she thought of me. To the point where I was like alright...so what do I have to do to make myself seem more grown or less immature in her eyes...do I make less jokes, change my outfit, get an office job...like isn't it crazy that one person's perspective on you can affect you so greatly that you're willing to go to drastic lengths to look a certain way in their eyes? That was me, and for the longest time...I just wanted to seem grown in her eyes...and obviously and possibly as a potential partner. But with time and maturity funny enough...I came to realize that this is who I am...and to be super blunt, I don't really give a damn what people think of me. I'm goofy, I'm hella chill and I don't take many things seriously unless I need to. I think being 'immature' helps keep me relatable and also approachable to kids and youth, I've done a lot of volunteering, teaching and counseling with like high school kids and one thing I've always loved hearing is that I'm easy to talk to, people (for the most part) find it pretty easy to open up to me, and it just happens unconsciously. I've kinda learned this a lot as of late through a lot of people I've met whether through school or work or whatever. I've had a lot of people tell me hey you're a good listener, or hey I didn't expect to share this or that with you but it kinda just came out cuz I feel so comfortable around you. It's something that really helped me and encouraged me to just be true to who I am...making jokes, being chill and just not taking things too seriously and trying to see everything from a rational standpoint. I think a very important quality I've learned to embrace and to look for in other people is the ability to take a joke. I think it's really important and also a sign of maturity to be able to laugh at yourself and to laugh when people are like roasting you. You don't wanna be that person that gets all serious and butt hurt when someone makes a harmless joke about you. Now obviously there are boundaries to everything, but in this context I'm just talking about like friendly and harmless jokes. Now obviously the closer you are with someone, the more so called 'hurtful' things you could say as a joke and they wouldn't take it offensively just cuz they know it's not meant to be hurtful or malicious. Even with the blog...my friends and people I don't even know so well roast me all the time...and I just laugh about it lol. I've had so many friends who jokes mid conversation like oh so are you gonna blog about this since it's a heartfelt conversation and stuff...and they'll be like make sure you give me credit and stuff haha. I've had friends jokes about stories I wanted to tell them like oh don't worry just read it on his blog later . I and this blog have been called so many things from emotional to corny to just straight funny lol...you gotta be able to take a joke and laugh at yourself. When I read old posts sometimes I'm like damn that's so cringe or damn that's just straight up whack LOL. I've learned to not take myself so seriously...and more important to not really stress myself out with what people think of me cuz that's just something I can't control. I'll tell you one instance that a 'joke\ really got to me. I found out a few people I called really close friends would talk about me and the blog amongst themselves...stuff like how I hide behind the blog, I'm super emotional and it's hella cringe and stuff. I mean like I said, you gotta be able to laugh at yourself...but it's the fact that not only was it people I called close friends, but they said that stuff out of negativity and really wanting to put me down...and I don't think you do that kinda stuff to your friends. You joke, you make fun, you roast...but it's all out of love...I remember finding that out and I was really hurt cuz they genuinely were making fun of me and the blog...but needless to say, I don't talk to those people anymore LOL...just gotta surround yourself with love and people who help you move forward in whatever your goals are...and those people above definitely didn't do that...so DEUCES to them...and peace out to y'all...see you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment