WELCOME


Rodmond - RT - RTtheRealest

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything." James 1:2-4

"Whatever you do in life, make sure you follow your heart. Nobody can see your vision like you can see it."

A personal blog, an unfiltered and uncensored place of expression, a personal journal.

EST 12/15/2009

Tuesday, January 12, 2021

An Encouragement From Me To You...

Hey friends. how\re y'all doing? Crazy how we're about 2 weeks into the new year and this thing doesn't feel like its anywhere close to being done. Especially now that we're going back into like a strict lockdown, it literally feels like we're back in March/April, everyone's at home, everything's closed and you're only really going out if you have to. I'm starting school tomorrow and it's my last semester before I graduate in April or whenever convocation is lol. With that all being said, I'm reminded of one of my classes where this girl literally broke down saying how she's so busy and there's so much on her plate from work, family, kids and stuff and she's still expected to like grind in school and complete all these assignments on time and such. All of this kinda just really hit me...cuz I mean I definitely felt exhausted but I can also manage my time and own mental health pretty well and I know when to take a step back and like breathe. But I understand not everybody knows or can do that. So I just wanted to remind y'all and send y\all a little encouragement...to really take care of yourself. Nothing, and I truly mean NOTHING is more important than your own personal health. No matter how busy it is at work or school, make sure you set aside time for yourself, check in and ask yourself how you're doing, take a deep breath, take a walk. If you're living by yourself, make sure you reach out and talk to somebody, your friends aren't mindreaders and they won't always know how you feel or if you're going through something...reach out and stay connected, being alone in these times can definitely take it's toll on you especially over a long period of time. If you're with family, friends, roommates...cherish that, it's definitely easy to get annoyed being around the same people every single day, but be thankful that you do have people around you to keep you company, check in on each other, help each other pass the time, keep each other accountable. For me, 2020 was learning a lot about the importance of self-care and putting yourself first because like I've said before, you can't pour from an empty cup. So if you're mentally drained and physically exhausted, how can you expect to help pick up and encourage those around you. I don't know if you've seen it, but there's this Marshawn Lynch interview going aroound on instagram where he tells people literally to “protect your chicken and protect your mental””. Chicken as in like money, protecting and being smart with your money and also protecting and taking care of your own mental health. I know I'm somebody that's always worried and asking everyone else how they\re doing and if they wanna talk, but sometimes you gotta take a step back and check on yourself first cuz you yourself might not be okay. There's plenty of times I'll be too busy checking up on other people that when someone is like well wait, how're you doing? That's when I actually have to ask myself and a lot of the times it's like wow, I'm actually not doing well, I'm pretty drained or I'm stressed or I'm overwhelmed. So like I said, this is just my encouragement to you, as we get the new year rolling, some of y'all are going back to school, getting back to work, chilling at home, whatever it may be, take care of yourself physically and mentally. Go for a walk, get some fresh air, check in with your mental health often, talk to a friend, relax and watch a movie. No amount of work, school or money is more important than your own health. I wish you well, stay safe, see y'all soon...peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment