WELCOME


Rodmond - RT - RTtheRealest

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything." James 1:2-4

"Whatever you do in life, make sure you follow your heart. Nobody can see your vision like you can see it."

A personal blog, an unfiltered and uncensored place of expression, a personal journal.

EST 12/15/2009

Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Did You Find What You're Looking For?

I'm such a procrastinator to it's fullest extent lol, like the simplest thing like responding to a text message, filling forms, writing a blog post...some things that take like less than 5 minutes, I'll prolong and eventually convince myself to do it then and there otherwise whatever mindless activity it is will never get done lol. Anyways, so if you know me, you'll know I'm a very messy person...like clothes ALL OVER my room, on my bed...to the point where I can't even sleep on my bed, so I sleep in the basement lol. So yeah, there's clothes all over my room and on my bed...and I hate it when I wanna wear something specific and I have to search for it, it takes an eternity, and what usually happens is i push everything off the bed and start putting it back onto my bed one by one until I (hopefully) find it. You know what I find tho...the more I try to find something, the harder it is to find. And when I'm not trying to find it at all, that's when I find it and I'm like oh wow, it was here all along. Isn't that how life is like a lot of the times? The more you try to search for something, the harder it becomes to find and the more frustrated and desperate you start to feel and you try harder and it gets even  harder to find. A lot of the times it's when you aren't looking for something that it comes to you unexpectedly I\ll explain the context I'm not talking about before I explain the context I am talking about. I'm not saying you can sit on your butt and expect the things you want to just drop onto your lap, but in a sense, I am kinda saying that you know. It's attitude, it's not about having an attitude of not doing anything and letting it come to you, but not putting every single chip into that basket of searching for that one thing that you neglect everything else and kinda get lost in that one thing. For jobs, girls, whatever it is...when you let it consume you to the point of it's the only thing you think about and you make it your life objective to get it that you neglect things such as your friends, your family, yourself, your health...that's not good. Yeah it's nice to search for things like a job or a girlfriend...but sometimes...things just fall into place, you just gotta have faith. My 2 previous jobs literally fell into my lap, there were times when I was job hunting and nothing happened, I got discouraged and it sucked, I started to think it would never happen...then in one instance, I was having lunch with a friend and she mentioned the job she was leaving was hiring and she got me hired. In the other instance, my friend knew I was looking for a job and helped me get hired. In both instances, I wasn't searching at that moment...it kinda just found me you know. In the context of love...I'm not saying don't search for it, I'm saying don't let the search consume you...a lot of my friends always tell me they weren't searching for a girlfriend, they didn't expect it to happen, it just kinda did and they rolled with it. Just like the clothes on my bed, the harder I try to search for it, it feels like the more difficult it is to find. It isn't until I'm just sitting around my room or looking and digging for other things that I find it and I'm like wow, interesting. I'm saying be careful...the search can be very exhausting, time consuming and draining...don't let it consume you, sometimes you just gotta let things fall into place by themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment