WELCOME


Rodmond - RT - RTtheRealest

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything." James 1:2-4

"Whatever you do in life, make sure you follow your heart. Nobody can see your vision like you can see it."

A personal blog, an unfiltered and uncensored place of expression, a personal journal.

EST 12/15/2009

Tuesday, October 06, 2015

You Can't Please Everybody, Can You?

I've told y'all that I'm kind of an on the fence kinda guy...I don't like taking sides, I like to see and understand both points of view. But if I really had to pick one...I'd be a glass half full kinda guy, cuz I like to be positive and embrace my blessings instead of dwelling on my failures and such. So here's my dilemma...the following are 2 statements...or 2 sides that I both agree with. On one hand...there's the age old saying that you can't please everybody. On the other hand is a quote from Kanye West that says "people always say that you can't please everybody. I think that's a cop-out. Why not attempt it? Cuz think of all the people you will please if you try." I agree with both of these statements...on one hand...I've learned many many times at a young age and even now...that you can't please everybody, no matter what you do. On the other hand...Kanye's quote is a pretty quote mindset to have...in the sense that like...think of how much good you'll do if you have a positive mindset rather than a negative one. So I guess I moreso agree with the first statement....but I agree with where Kanye is coming from in his quote...yeah he says what he says...but I interpret it as like a....why not try...think of how much good you'll do along the way or how much you'll learn. Back to the original statement tho...you really can't please everybody...no matter how popular you are, how cool you are, how much money you have, how nice or polite or good of a person you are..there's always gonna be someone who doesn't like you, finds some little thing to dislike about you or whatever. That's something I've learned as a kid and it's only been reinforced even more as I write these words right now. That there's always gonna be people that dislike me regardless of what I say, how I act, what I look like, who I am. Which is where my glass half full mentality kinda comes in...cuz I put time and effort into the people that matter and that care about me instead of trying to convert the people that don't lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment