WELCOME


Rodmond - RT - RTtheRealest

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything." James 1:2-4

"Whatever you do in life, make sure you follow your heart. Nobody can see your vision like you can see it."

A personal blog, an unfiltered and uncensored place of expression, a personal journal.

EST 12/15/2009

Saturday, October 17, 2015

I'm Your Teacher, Not Your Friend

It's weird cuz I've never been in an actual classroom setting teaching actual lessons, marking actual tests and such before I started volunteering. I teach Sunday school at my church, but that's different, much more chill...and it's weird because I have had friends who were in my class that I teach, like I chill with them outside of church lol, in general it's a different environment than school. Any ways, I volunteered yesterday...and I guess I should start from the beginning. Had to wake up super early cuz I had to drop my brother off at work, got a french vanilla at timmies. It was a chill day cuz we (my teacher and I) had two preps, which are free periods meant for prepping and marking and such. I was super twitchy for some reason during the prep, like my heart was beating really fast and I couldn't sit still...my teacher's like it's probably the caffeine LOL. I don't usually drink caffeine so I guess that's why, I was like freaking out LOL. Good thing we had gym after and I got to work it off lol. This is where the day got fun and interesting LOL. So there's this one kif in the other grade 8 class who is HELLA cocky, like he talks a lot and such. He's on the volleyball team as well, which is why we know him prety well. But with him, you either love him or you hate him, there's no middle ground lol. My teacher got super pissed at him cuz he flirts with the line of joking and like rude you know. It's hilarious cuz he's like Rodmond, let's go play, let's go join the other team and smash it down his throat, he's pissing me off right now LOOOOL. Rewind to Thursday's volleyball practice when my teacher actually sat him cuz he was being loud and goofy, we were talking and my teacher was like man I hope he gets punched in the face when he gets to high school, cuz I said his cockiness is probably only gonna get worse LOL. Any ways, rolling on through the rest of my day...the SUPER CUTE blonde grade 8 teacher saw me in the halls and she's like HEYYY I recognize that swagger. LOL apparently I walk with a swagger :S. So we had another prep and I was marking again and man...lemme tell you, it's hard...I was marking a math test and sometimes, kids will get the entire answer wrong cuz of one mistake, but you kinda understand the process or where they were going with it, you also look at the student and how nice of a person they are and you kinda wanna find some way to give them part marks. But that's when I had to remind myself I'm their teacher, not their friend. It's hilarious cuz there's this one kid in the class who's sooo funny...my teacher loves making fun of him, but he really does love him as a student. He's like alright, every questions you ask is a dollar, and he ended up owing him like 30 dollars LOL. At the end of the day, he was like I'm joking, don't worry LOL. But he had this short thing when he was like, look I know we joke and stuff...but remember I'm not your friend, I'm your teacher and there's a fine line between that, we can joke around and stuff...but you're still my student and I'm your teacher. So that kinda put my back in check, but I will say teachers are definitely biased, you can't help it. The students that participate more, you just like them more, they keep the class going you know, legit you accidentally ignore the quiet students cuz they're quiet lol. Lowkey, teachers secretly love the kids who tlak a lot and stuff in class, cuz they make it lively, not the kids who answer questions, but like the noisy, troublemakers...to a certain extent that is lol. If you're a kid who answers questions or just talks in class, you make yourself more memorably and noticed compared to a kid who is always quiet. I'll finish by saying this, volunteering has been so fun, getting to know the kids and my teacher on a personal level. I'm so glad I went through with this. My teacher sent me a text that night just thanking me for volunteering and telling me what a good person I've become, I really appreciate that.

No comments:

Post a Comment