WELCOME


Rodmond - RT - RTtheRealest

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything." James 1:2-4

"Whatever you do in life, make sure you follow your heart. Nobody can see your vision like you can see it."

A personal blog, an unfiltered and uncensored place of expression, a personal journal.

EST 12/15/2009

Friday, October 23, 2015

Boys Are Idiots

I'm still super surprised at the overwhelming amount of views and feedback that this post has received. It's got over 600 views right now and a bunch of my friends keep asking me about it LOOOL. The only important facts you need to take away are...I was kidding, it seemed mean but trust me, she's just a chill and weird person that she laughed it off after and still to this day. No she didn't like me, she was just freaking out cuz I guess she thought it would ruin the friendship. Can't believe I had to explain myself twice lol, whatever. So the following are 3 separate stories, occasions, whatever...that will essentially make you agree with the title, in fact, it might make you a bit angry, it definitely made me very annoyed when I heard it, so in order of level of annoyance from eh...that's kinda annoying to HOLY DUDE YOU'RE SO ANNOYING...here we go.

1) All 3 events come from my time volunteering at the elementary school as of late. So this first one come from my teacher, the one that I'm volunteering with. So he has 3 kids, his oldest one is in JK (junior kindergarten), so he's like this was last year before we moved and before she moved schools. She had this one boy friend in SK (senior kindergarten) and they would play everyday, essentially best friends. As he found out she was moving, for some strange reason he started treating her differently. First he like starts playing super rough with her...he like pushes her to the ground, she's the kinda girl who wouldn't hit you back. Second, in a different instance, he like takes a toy car or truck and smacks her across the face with it...he didn't say how hard, but all my teacher said was there was a mark on her face. So my teacher's pissed, goes to the school and demands the boy be suspended or something, keep in mind he is in SK, the school doesn't do anything but be more careful and up their supervision. Third and final instance, he SPITS in her face...so my teacher has had it...he goes to the principal again (she goes to a different school than the one he teaches at btw) and is like okay that's not frickin cool...since you're not doing anything about it, I am. I'm teaching my daughter at home to punch...and I told her next time he even tries to talk to you hit him. Apparently he's like the parents wanted to bring the kid over to apologize and my teacher was like DEFINITELY NOT...if you do that, that's trespassing and I have the right to call the cops on you...get your kid away from mine.

2) So this story comes from the other grade 8 teacher at my school, the blonde lady. So she has 2 kids, this one revolves around her daughter who's in grade 4...also doesn't go the same school she teaches at. So apparently her daughter is really good at soccer and she plays at recess with older boys...like grade 5. So the story goes they're playing soccer, she keeps stealing the ball from him and I guess he doesn't like it...so he punches her in the face. There was no bruising or whatever from what I heard, she didn't cry, she kinda got up like...what the. So the teacher was like yeah I got the call when I was in class and she came out right away to my teacher's class and started going OFF about the situation. Apparently the boy got suspended 2 days and my teacher told the her I think you should go and demand him to be suspended more...you never hit a girl, which I fully agreed with. She too was like yeah...I just wanna go right away and see if she's alright before I take any course of action, but honestly...I'm gonna tell her, next time anything like that happens, kick him in the nuts...I died LOOOL.

3) This last instance isn't physical...yet it made me the most upset. So it's after school...I\m chilling with my teacher and the other grade 8 teacher in a classroom. School just ended, this one female student walks in with a piece of paper and they have small talk, they're talking about some situation, she has some piece of paper in her hands. She seems super sweet and she's pretty calm from what I see...she's like oh I got a petition and I think if I get enough of the girls to sign it, we can all play together outside during recess and they'll let us if they see that enough girls want to play. She walks away...I'm like uh so what was that about. So she's some grade 8 girl that wanted to play basketball with the grade 8 boys at recess and apparently this one boy came up to her and straight up said HELL NO, you can't play basketball with us, you\re a girl,go away...I didn't ask what else was said, but that's pretty much it. So apparently the principle and a few teachers went OFF on this kid...like why would you say that and such, that's not cool. What really impressed me...was this girl...how calm and nicely she approached this whole situation, I was blown away. As she left the room, the blonde teacher goes hey...thanks for sticking up for us girls. I won't lie, that was pretty powerful for me...that girl was a boss. After she left, we started talking about it...how some boys stuck up for her during recess...but only when there were other teachers watching them...and that they didn't do the same when no one was there. Which I know...swerves the story and the conversation in a whole other direction of what would you do in these kinds of situations you know, but I just wanted to put that out there.

So if you've made in this far...I'm pretty sure throughout reading all 3 stories, at some point in your mind you must've been like wow boys are idiots...if so, I don't blame you. I was pretty annoyed at how stupid and dumb boys can be. I've had my share of playing rough with girls...but I never pushed any boundaries, I always respected them and at the end of the day...only a coward hits a girl...dang this is so stupid. Boys of all ages...SK, grade 5, grade 8...even now...boys are stupid, I have my stupid moments too...but when it comes to girls specifically...smarten up boys...please.

No comments:

Post a Comment