WELCOME


Rodmond - RT - RTtheRealest

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything." James 1:2-4

"Whatever you do in life, make sure you follow your heart. Nobody can see your vision like you can see it."

A personal blog, an unfiltered and uncensored place of expression, a personal journal.

EST 12/15/2009

Friday, October 09, 2015

The Life Of A Teacher

I know I'm only volunteering at this school...but I'm pretty much a part time teacher cuz my teacher lets me teach full on lessons, handle kids one on one, mark stuff. Today was a chill day, friday, the Jays game was on, the atmosphere was real nice. Lemme start by saying kids these days are hella spoiled...definitely different from when I was in school lol. They like bring their own laptops and stuff to school, are on their phones in class. During recess, kids choose to stay indoors...and when I asked them why they didn't wanna outside, they were like it;s cold LOL.They rather stay inside and play on their laptops. Same thing with lunch time, they eat their lunch, bring out their laptops and ipads and stuff...it's hilarious. It's cool not being a student to my teacher any more, but more of a friend/colleague...and it's crazy to see how teacher's act and speak to each other/about each other behind the scenes lol. The drama that goes on in school between teachers and staff members...wow, it's crazy. The janitor got pissed at my teacher for leaving the windows open after school when he told him not to, so he took away the levers...LOL...to the point where the principal had to get involved and was like yo...why'd you take away the levers, chill, it's not that big a deal. Like I said, today was a chill day, the Jays were playing...so after lunch at like 12 ish...a bunch of classes started streaming the Jays game on the projectors LOL. What else happened...I started marking these assignments, I marked one...my teacher looked at it and was like wow, you're an easy marker LOOOL I would've never given that. My teacher and I had a real good heart to heart...about life, school, work, family...it's crazy...to think this guy used to teach me and be my coach...and now he's pouring his heart out to me, sharing things about his personal life, dang. I told him how I love the relationship he has with the other grade 8 teacher...they're so chill, they talk ish about other teachers, students, they go for lunch together, they coach together, they randomly walk into each other's classes while they're teaching and make jokes and such, it's hilarious...something I want to have when or if /I become a teacher. But the best thing about coming and volunteering...the kids...them leaving and telling you to have a good weekend...asking if you're come more often than once a week...thanking you for helping them or whatever...that hits your hard man. Seeing their happiness and joy because of something you said or did...or how far a good job or keep it up or nice try can go. I'm telling you, the longest I do this, the more I'm convinced it's what I'm meant to do for the rest of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment