WELCOME


Rodmond - RT - RTtheRealest

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything." James 1:2-4

"Whatever you do in life, make sure you follow your heart. Nobody can see your vision like you can see it."

A personal blog, an unfiltered and uncensored place of expression, a personal journal.

EST 12/15/2009

Monday, October 12, 2015

If It Isn't Love...

So a while ago, I was talking to a friend of mine who's much older than me, married with 3 kids. We were talking about life, school, work and just sharing about our lives and catching up, then the topic of family came up and he was asking about my family, so naturally I returned the question and asked him about his family too. He told me him and his wife weren't doing too well...I was like oh, you guys got into an argument...he's like nah man, much worse, it's not looking so good overall. He started to continue and he was like...the way things are going...it doesn't look like this marriage is gonna last. He kept going...saying some things that really shocked me. He was like...I don't think we love each other any more...we got married pretty young...and I think it was because both of us were scared we weren't going to find anybody else and we both wanted kids. He told me how even at the beginning, things were never great you know...he would say they argued a lot and such. My heart broke for him cuz I really care for this dude. I asked what about the kids...and he said oh no doubt I would not settle for less than 50/50, he wants both parents to be present and active in his kids lives...and so he should. Which brought me to my point...what really hit me was when he said...I think we married each other because we were two people that were scared we weren't going to find anybody else. After he told his story, I comforted him and we shared advice...he's the guy that's always been telling me not to rush into relationships, to be patient...I guess I kinda know why now. It's crazy...cuz I brought up this topic to a friend and he said the same thing...it's crazy to think you can marry someone, have kids with them, and see them as the most beautiful girl or guy in the world...but as time moves on, feelings change and you don't see them that way any longer...you start to picture life without them and you don't feel the same feeling of love and passion as you once did. I guess the same can be said for relationships...but I guess this hits me harder because he's such a good friend and he's married and has 3 kids. As of late I've really been struggling with relationships and trying to find the right girl for me you know...I guess this is just a hard reminder to be patient...to take it slow and to pace myself...it's a marathon, not a sprint, all in due time.

No comments:

Post a Comment