WELCOME


Rodmond - RT - RTtheRealest

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything." James 1:2-4

"Whatever you do in life, make sure you follow your heart. Nobody can see your vision like you can see it."

A personal blog, an unfiltered and uncensored place of expression, a personal journal.

EST 12/15/2009

Saturday, August 02, 2014

Scariest Injury of Life

Man, so if y'all are on twitter, facebook or you follow the NBA...you'll know Paul George broke his leg...very reminiscent of Kevin Ware's injury as well. In basketball, injuries are a given...rolled ankles, torn acls, back spasms, etc. Lemme share with y'all a story about the scariest injury of my life to date. It was grade 10, basketball tryouts, long story short, there were 2 courts...one court were the returning players and other court was everyone else trying out. Try out court would face each other and whichever team won would go and face the returning players and see how they fare. So my team won a game at the tryout court and we moved on to the returning players, these guys are all my friends and my team wasn't that good and I was known as a shooter...so for some reason they double teamed me...but one guy didn't get the memo and triple teamed me for some reason, I tried to spin away and my knee bumped into another guy's knee and I dislocated my kneecap...most painful feeling ever, my kneecap was just out of place...me lying on the floor riving in pain...my friend covered my leg with a shirt cuz it was pretty nasty to look at. Sat there for like half an hour waiting for an ambulance...they came in and tied my leg to some flexible thing that would keep my leg still and they put me on a stretcher...lifting me up was soooo painful...every bump in the ambulance was so painful. Finally went to the hospital and we waited AT LEAST an hour for a doctor and /I was asleep from the gas, but I heard the doctor took less than 5 minutes to pop my kneecap back into place. Dang...spent 3 months in a cast from my thigh down to my ankle...after 3 months, found out I had to do another 3 months in a diff cast just to switch it up. After that they gave me a brace to wear...never ended up doing physio...just leg exercises...I've hyperextended my knee a couple times...but as of right now present day, it's rpetty good, pretty strong as well I would say, but I'm still very cautious and careful...and it's definitely made me a different player in terms of sports in general.

1 comment:

  1. Injuries like that can be real horrid things, especially when they hit the ankles and legs, which cut right through our mobility. Those kinds of hindrances we can definitely live without, and proper measured treatments can be our only way out of them completely. Take care!

    Donette Claar @ U.S. HealthWorks

    ReplyDelete