WELCOME


Rodmond - RT - RTtheRealest

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything." James 1:2-4

"Whatever you do in life, make sure you follow your heart. Nobody can see your vision like you can see it."

A personal blog, an unfiltered and uncensored place of expression, a personal journal.

EST 12/15/2009

Monday, June 27, 2011

From The Heart: A Prayer

Dear God,

I can't believe it's been this long...this long since I've been at Wismer. I can barely remember the first time I came...but I know I was young...I came when I was in grade 8 or something....and now I'm going into my second year of university. I started off as a newcomer...just coming here and there..not really paying much attention or into meeting new people...but just doing my own thing, going home and getting back to my lifestyle. I was always a christian, but that's just a label, being born into a christian family, I never really understood what it mean until I slowly started becoming a leader in Wismer. Now...I call this place home...I've found comfort and friendships in people. I've found loyalty and trust...in people. Lord, help me not take for granted the church...and the people in it. Help me reach out to the newcomers....cuz I see a lot of me in them...slacking off, chilling, shy...waiting for someone to approach them. Our pastor Lesley is leaving in less than a month....and we probably won't see her for a very long time...it seems like it's moving all too fast...I know I wasn't as close and I won't miss her as much as some of the girls...but I really respected and admired her. She's so caring and she loves us and the church so much...she's like our mother and we're all her children. But like a mother bird...she must let her children fly away by themselves or they'll never learn to survive on their own. I think this is the biggest test our church has yet to face...bigger than the age split into Timothy and Joseph....but it's like the core...the heart of our church...the foundation...is leaving....and you're filling it with something new, something unfamiliar. I pray that you give strength to the new pastor...allow us to treat him/her with the proper respect and manners that we did with Lesley. I pray you make it easy on him/her as they will probably be nervous and anxious meeting a bunch of asian kids that he/she will be spending the next chapter of their life with. I pray for unity within our church...there's a lot of love in our church but there's also a lot of...not hate...but...dislike I would say. There's a lot of disagreement and problems that go unnoticed. I pray that with this new chapter of Wismer....you give us a clean slate. Lord I pray for my family...who works hard and is often underappreciated and sometimes I KNOW....I act like a brat....but I know how hard they work...I know how tired they are...all for us...to make sure me and my brother have a good future. I love them with all my heart and I hope they know it. I pray for my friends....give them strength and guidance to conquer school...temptations...family/friendship/relationship problems...everything. Lord...I pray for myself...that I would not focus so much on relationships...and love...and girls....but know that you have the perfect person waiting for me...and it's all in your plan...and I should try to force it and find this person...but let it all play out. I ask that you help me appreciate the relationships and friendships that I do have in my life....and help try to mend the ones that are rocky right now. Lord...I know you knew every single word and thing I was going to pray for before I knew myself...you are all knowing and all powerful....I thank you and I pray all of these things in your most precious name.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment