WELCOME


Rodmond - RT - RTtheRealest

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything." James 1:2-4

"Whatever you do in life, make sure you follow your heart. Nobody can see your vision like you can see it."

A personal blog, an unfiltered and uncensored place of expression, a personal journal.

EST 12/15/2009

Wednesday, December 09, 2020

The Hardest Things To Say

I dunno if you guys feel the same way in these kinds of situations, but I feel like the more I talk about something that’s hard to talk about, the easier it becomes to talk about. Does that make sense LOL. Like some things in your life are just hard to talk about or you don’t wanna talk about it…maybe it’s embarrassing, stressful, brings up bad feelings or memories, but I find for myself at least the more that I talk about it or am asked about, the easier it becomes to talk about it. Example, when I was in university and I failed 3 courses which led me to take the next semester off to figure out life…I was so embarrassed, it was something I kept close to my chest and only a small handful of friends, it was something I NEVER thought I would blog about. But the more I thought about it, the more I talked about it with friends, the more comfortable I became talking about. Now I kinda carry it around with me like a badge of honour and I lowkey love telling it because it taught me so much and really kinda pushed me onto the right track and drove me to buckle down and focus. Another example is any girl story or dating experience I’ve ever had lol…it always starts off hard to talk about and I usually don’t like talking about it cuz it brings up sad feelings and it doesn’t make me feel good...but the more I talk about it, the more people ask me about it, the easier it becomes to talk about in a weird way lol. I guess for me, it’s like when I’m able to talk about it, it’s like I’m also able to release and let go. Like when it’s fresh and when it’s still new, it’s as if my hands are clenched super tight in a fist…and when I talk about it more and more, my hand kinda relaxes and I’m able to just let it go. Which kinda affirms in my belief that one of the greatest things that you can do to support someone is to just listen to them. It’s not always about giving advice or trying to find an immediate solution…thinking back to some of the times when I really needed a person to talk to, it wasn’t cuz I needed advice or an opinion, I just needed somebody to listen to me. My hope for you is that you have some sort of outlet to express yourself…I shared with y’all that sometimes it feels like I don’t have someone to confide in and listen to me, but I’m super thankful to be able to express myself on this blog…and in a weird way it feels like someone is listening. Something I’ve done in the past is also write letters to people that I never intend on mailing, it’s just more of a release thing, where it’s like you write to the person things you want to say to them and when you’re done writing, you move on cuz you’ve already “said” everything you wanted to. So whether it’s journaling, writing in a blog, writing a letter you never intend to send or just talking to a friend, I hope that you have some sort of listening ear around you to be there for you. Because trust me, things always seem hard and difficult to talk about at first, but the more you talk about it the easier it gets, the more you start to own it and even begin to see the positives. So till next time, PEACE.

No comments:

Post a Comment