WELCOME


Rodmond - RT - RTtheRealest

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything." James 1:2-4

"Whatever you do in life, make sure you follow your heart. Nobody can see your vision like you can see it."

A personal blog, an unfiltered and uncensored place of expression, a personal journal.

EST 12/15/2009

Saturday, December 26, 2020

Beautiful Sadness

Isn't it crazy how you can like hear the same piece of advice multiple times and it hits different each time, or you find yourself taking something different away or maybe even seeing it in a different way. There's that, or even like when friends tell you something or give you advice you already know. Even tho you already know it, it just hits different because of who's saying it to you. Anyways, so I came across this video on instagram about sadness and the clip was from a South Park episode which I had seen a while back, but watching it again as an adult, it hit different LOL. So one of the characters, Butters, gets dumped and is hella sad and gives a little speech about him being sad but it's more of a beautiful sadness. It just got me thinking, one of my favourite analogies to use is imagine yourself on a rollercoaster. You go up and down and it's hella fun, but imagine if the rollercoaster only went down...yeah it would be fun, you'd have a grear time, but it's that slow climb upward that builds the tension, suspense, excitement that ultimately makes that downward fall so much more exhilarating. The clip talks about having to take the good with the bad, happiness and sadness are normal and healthy aspects of any relationship. J. Cole also has this lyric where he says “to appreciate the sun you gotta know what rain is” and that's so true. It also kinda affirms my belief that any healthy friendship or relationship needs arguments and disagreements sometimes because that's a form of relief and expression. I feel like it's unhealthy if couples or friends say they never fight, cuz it most likely means you're holding stuff in which is even worse. There's probably a very small percent of friendships and couples who can go the distance without arguments and disagreements, but I\m getting off topic now lol. Yeah it sucks to be sad, but think about it this way, in order for you to be that sad something must have made you really good and really happy before. In the video he talks about being really happy that something could even make him that sad, it makes him feel alive and human...and again it's part of the ups and downs of life. I think to myself like man if I stopped talking to girls after every girl that didn't like me back, I'd be missing out on life. And it reminds me of either a saying or something someone told me where they were like the fear of rejection can be crippling. I definitely had points in my life where I was so scared of rejection, scared to be hurt that I never even tried...but if you never try you never know. You gotta take the good with the bad. The phrase beautiful sadness keeps popping into my head cuz as crumby of a feeling as sadness is, it's honestly kinda lit in a weird, sadistic way LOOOL. I love jamming to sad songs, getting hella in my feelings, especially on rainy days, writing hella sad but FIRE blog posts LOOOL. It's part of life, growing pains as I like to call it. If my life were all happy and rainbows and butterflies, yeah it'd be dope, but I feel like I'd never know true happiness. Nor would I appreciate it as much because when you feel that sadness, then something else comes along and makes you feel good and happy again, you're just like man...this is crazy lol. I was gonna keep going, but I dont wanna get too repetitive, so I'm just gonna leave you with that same J. Cole quote cuz it's been stuck in my mind this whole time...and that's that “to appreciate the sun, you gotta know what rain is”. I'll also link the video below lol, see y'all soon.





No comments:

Post a Comment