WELCOME


Rodmond - RT - RTtheRealest

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything." James 1:2-4

"Whatever you do in life, make sure you follow your heart. Nobody can see your vision like you can see it."

A personal blog, an unfiltered and uncensored place of expression, a personal journal.

EST 12/15/2009

Thursday, December 24, 2020

Be Yourself

So I had like a series of interesting conversations with my coworker today lol, it’s really cool when you don’t feel a need to filter yourself around people or when the vibes are right and conversation just kinda flows smoothly, We talked aboust everything from life, school, relationships, dealbreakers, what we want in a partner, past experiences, you name it. I forget how it came up, but she asked me if anyone has ever called me immature before. To which I was like yeah, I had a best friend that called me immature and it hit me really hard and because I thought so highly of her it really impacted me and I was like well damn, I can’t joke around anymore…I gotta go find an office job and start wearing suits and ties. Me and this friend don’t talk anymore, but like isn’t it crazy how one person can have such a profound impact on you, to the point where you’ll go to great lengths to change yourself to fit their image…like damn. Now, I see my “immaturity” as one of the biggest reasons why people relate to me and find me so easy to talk to…because I don’t take things too seriously and I’m chill. The dopest feeling is when people tell me that they can see that when they read my blog posts. Like it sounds exactly like me or that they can picture the post in my own words lol. So I don’t really read other people’s blogs, heck I hardly read my own posts lol…the few times I have stumbled onto other people’s blogs and read their stuff, I was like man this is so hard to read…it’s all like fancy and big words, literally feels like I’m reading something for school. I’m not saying it’s wrong to use big words or whatever, but for me at least it just makes me feel like I’m in school or in a lecture. But then again, the sanme complaint that I have with other people could be the same complaint that people have with me LOL…my grammar and punctuation is horrible on the blog, I always have typos, I use hella slang, I bet some people are probably like yo can this guy use proper English LOL. I’ll tell you this much, when I’m writing my posts, I’m definitely like reading and hearing my voice in my own head, which is also why I’m never that surprised when people tell me oh yeah your blog really sounds like you lol, yeah cuz I like read it in my own head as I’m typing it. The funniest thing is like I know a few friends who started their own blogs and my other friends will tell me like yo I’ve read it and it just doesn’t sound like them and I’m like well what do you mean and they’re like it just sounds like they’re trying too hard to be smart and sound all wise and stuff LOL. What’s the moral of the story in all this…I don’t really know, just be yourself I guess. At the end of the day if people vibe with you and what you’re saying the it won’t matter how you’re presenting the information as long as the content is relatable. Thinking back to the friend who called me immature, I can’t imagine what my life would be like if I really did a 180 and switched up, just stopped making jokes, became hella serious and stuff. For one I’d be no fun, I’d probably be hella stuck up and some sort of know it all LOL. I dunno, I think about immature now and I take it as a compliment, I like being goofy, I like making jokes, laughing and making people laugh. If people vibe with you then they vibe with you, if they don’t and if they feel a way because of your personality, then tell them to kick rocks cuz you probably don’t need that negativity in your life anyways. Till next time, Merry Christmas, Merry Chrysler, happy holidays, take care, DEUCES.

No comments:

Post a Comment