WELCOME


Rodmond - RT - RTtheRealest

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything." James 1:2-4

"Whatever you do in life, make sure you follow your heart. Nobody can see your vision like you can see it."

A personal blog, an unfiltered and uncensored place of expression, a personal journal.

EST 12/15/2009

Wednesday, December 02, 2020

For The Views...

Wanted to start to get December off to a good start by hitting y\all with a post lol. Something I used to think about when I was younger (as in like a few years ago LOL) was what would I do if the blog shut down, like if blogger just closed down lol. I mean google owns blogger so it's kinda unlikely but there was one time where I tried to open the blog and it said blogger was down or unavailable and I got so shook...I was like yo all my hard work, all those posts, all those views...gone. Turns out they were just doing maintenance on blogger lol. Something I think about now is what if one day I opened the blog and the view counter is gone or it resets to zero. I've placed so much emphasis on reaching that 1 million views mark and for the longest time it was like the ultimate goal for me. I used to think to myself if the view counter ever disappeared or reset, damn I might just have to quit the blog cuz what else am Idoing this for? That's def how a big chunk of me used to think and a big chunk of me was working and promoting so hard to reach that 1 million mark. When I realized it was a real possibility of actually hitting a million views, I was like damn...look at how far we've come...so as much as a million views is an AMAZING achievement and a super dope aesthetic, it also symbolizes just how far the blog has come. You know how hype I got when the blog hit 1,000 views LOOOL. I think to myself now and there is a slight part of me that kinda wants the view counter to just disappear one day cuz sometimes I do get caught up in the views and trying to put out posts that I know people will click onto. But then there\s also that part of me that just likes looking at it, to be able to be like yeah my blog has over a millionviews, yeah I've been doing this for over 10 years. At the end of the day tho...the views are just surface level and if it ever did reset or disappear, I know I still have that support system that'll read the blog regardless. Cuz like I said I used to think like well if the blog shut down, would I just hop onto another platform and start a new one? But I'm like man it's gonna be so hard to build an audience again, to promote it and stuff, the views gonna be hella weak. But at the end of the day it's like yo for the most part it's a good chunk of people who consistently read the blog whether I promote it or not cuz they genuinely like reading it (I hope lol), if I were to go onto another platform, I'm sure those same people would still visit the blog because they f with me like that. I dunno, just some random thoughts i the blog were to ever shut down lol, I have been saving my posts recently tho, like I'll write them on a google doc and save it on my computer before posting it in case anything ever does happen. But it's moreso for myself and the memories lol. Welp, hopefully I'll see y'all sooner than later, even if it is these short, random posts that might not make that much sense lol PEACE.


Okay edit: So I wrote the above paragraph yesterday and had intended to be all like oh yeahhh December 1st, off to a great start but then I forgot LOL. Then I was watching some random youtube videos today and it kinda sparked some inspiration in me to add to this post. I think when I first started and I feel like this is with most creators on youtube or anything that like tracks the number of views or amount of people...at first you just wanna attract the most amount of people, in my case I just wanted as many people as possible to view my blog. Now obviously when I first started, I was doing really low numbers compared to now, but it was a big deal for me, so obvs when views kept going up and I started to set bigger goals for myself I was also like alright I gotta write better posts or at least write psots that people will find interesting or interesting enough to click on at least. There was def a point in the blog where people came at me for 'clickbaiting' too much LOL...it's definitely still part of the game but I try not to be so scummy about it. Cuz at the end of the day y'all are only gonna click based on if it's an interesting title or not or that short little sentence or two that I post on facebook or instagram. I only have one sentence to summarize the post and make it sound interesting enough so that people will want to click it. I think after hitting a million views, I don't wanna say I don't care anymore, views are def still an important driving force for me...but I'm definitely feeling more free and open when it comes to titling the blog posts or those short little descriptions or even just what I write about in general. The focus has kinda shifted a bit to where views are still dope and all...but man I just wanna write about what makes me happy and what inspires me and motivates me. Sometimes it's not the most interesting thing but it helps me express myself, it's stress relief in a way too. As of late, I\ve just been doing my own thing...giving y'all posts like an update on my life whereas before I'd be like okay that's too boring ain't nobody wanna read about that they want the girl stories and the relationship stuff LOL. I've just kinda made that conscious decision to write about what I want, not that I wasn't doing so before...but moreso feeling less pressure to please the readers and less pressure to maximize views...if y'all dig it then that's dope, if not then tough turtles maybe you'll like the next post. With all that being said, I'll see y'all on the flip side, peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment