WELCOME


Rodmond - RT - RTtheRealest

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything." James 1:2-4

"Whatever you do in life, make sure you follow your heart. Nobody can see your vision like you can see it."

A personal blog, an unfiltered and uncensored place of expression, a personal journal.

EST 12/15/2009

Saturday, December 02, 2017

Giving And Taking

Happy December folks...I meant to post yesterday bur I lost track of time. I know I usually give y'all the gift of posts every single day in the month of November, but the more I've been thinking about it, the more I realized that when I did do that, the quality of the posts dropped significantly. I mean like, I'd be stressing and frantically trying to get a post out...like half getting dressed ready to go out, trying to hurry up and type up a reasonably long enough post or in a moving car, struggling with what to write about. So this year, I\m gonna do something different and give y'all posts EVERY OTHER DAY, that way I get some time to think about the next day's post and y'all get some time to digest the current post that's up, it's a win win...kinda lol.

So moving on to today's post...this is again something I had saved up a while back...but I guess recent events have motivated me to come back and finish this idea I had. Especially since we're heading closer and closer to Christmas, the season of giving, what better topic to start of December with. I feel like giving and taking go hand in hand. You give a little, you get (or in this case take) a little. Every friendship, team, group project or social circle deals with the topic...or sometimes problem or giving and taking. In a friendship, sometimes it's so one sided that one person is always giving and the other person is always taking. In a group project, same thing...one person contributes while another person doesn't do anything but takes the credit and the marks. When that happens...when something is constantly being taken and nothing is being given back...what do you think is gonna happen? It's eventually gonna run out...right? Imagine a car...if you're constantly driving it and using the gas up without putting more gas in...eventually, the car's gonna die, it's gonna be empty. In a friendship...if one person is constantly taking from the other friend...whether favours, money, support, encouragement and never giving any back...what do you think is gonna happen, the person being taken from will eventually run dry...no matter how abundant they start with. This topic just really made me think about a lot of things in my life...friendships, groups, teams, whatever it might be...sometimes people keep taking and taking and taking...what else do you expect to happen when you keep taking without giving anything back? Every time you take...I'm not saying you're obligated to...but in a way, you should be giving a little back...whether for the next person to enjoy or simply so it doesn't run out...you know? Probably a bad example...but it's like using the toilet paper all the way to the end and not refilling it. The next person that comes in is gonna sit down, relax, finish up and realize bruh...there's no toilet paper, someone used it all without putting a new roll back on. Does that make sense? Is that weird? LOL...anyways...see you in 2 days...peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment