WELCOME


Rodmond - RT - RTtheRealest

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything." James 1:2-4

"Whatever you do in life, make sure you follow your heart. Nobody can see your vision like you can see it."

A personal blog, an unfiltered and uncensored place of expression, a personal journal.

EST 12/15/2009

Thursday, December 14, 2017

Embrace Your Singleness 2

Here's the original version I wrote in 2015
Embrace Your Singleness

I was talking to a friend and she said something to me...she told me that "singleness is a gift". Which inspired me to write about this...and the more digging I did, I found an old post written in 2015...it's interesting to read how I felt about this back then. But it's kinda the same thing you know. How can you be all in to take care of somebody else when you yourself aren't even in a right state of mind. How can you take care of somebody else when you can't even take care of yourself? Often we say that love and relationships are a gift...but so is singleness. Honestly tho, who here enjoys their alone time? I cherish my alone time...just being able to be by myself, in my own thoughts and just relaxing. So it's not really about finding the right person, sometimes it's about building yourself up and taking care of yourself to be the right person for somebody else, y'feel? Especially seeing a lot of my friends in relationships...I see how little free time their have as individuals because they are always spending time together....not only that but they hardly have time for friends. Now I'm not saying that once you're in a relationship, there goes your free time and say goodbye to your friends...but essentially it's another piece of the pie that has to be split. Imagine if your time is split in half between family and friends...introduce a partner and that takes your time from halves to thirds meaning less family for your family and friends in order to make time for your partner. And of course pieces can shift and you might end up taking even more time from your family and friends and giving it to your partner meaning the pieces won't be evenly divided, you get what I'm saying? I think what I took from it is that with a relationship, comes a lot...a lot of sacrifice, a lot of commitment, a lot of time and a lot of effort. It's not all holding hands, date nights, hugs and kisses and all that...it's hard work...and that's something I don't think a lot of people realize when they get into relationships. So cherish your singleness guys...and girls, you might miss it once it's gone lol...or not....haha till next time, peace out.

1 comment:

  1. Hahaha.... Singleness, a gift? What a joke...

    ReplyDelete