WELCOME


Rodmond - RT - RTtheRealest

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything." James 1:2-4

"Whatever you do in life, make sure you follow your heart. Nobody can see your vision like you can see it."

A personal blog, an unfiltered and uncensored place of expression, a personal journal.

EST 12/15/2009

Thursday, December 28, 2017

Drifting

I feel like as you get older, quality of friendship becomes so much more important than quantity in friendship. Or maybe you feel the same way right now, who knows...for me, as I've gotten older...I\m much more content having 2-3 super close friends than like 10-15 acquaintances or buddies. I've been thinking a lot about people I used to be super close with, friends who I've shared super personal conversations with and shared fun and dope memories together. But not all friendships last, and not all of them are meant to last. I have a lot of friendships that just didn't work out, we grew apart...then I have other friendships where we simply cut each other off, for varying reasons. But one thing for sure...is that when you do share those memories, conversations and such with a friend...you'll always have that, even tho you may not be close friends anymore. I have A LOT of friends who I'm still very cordial and casual with...who I'll see and ask how they're doing and some even ask to go out and catch up. But I know deep down it'll never be the same...because it just won't...again for varying reasons, BUT we'll always have those memories, those conversations and that period of time where we were super close friends. I have so many friends who I'll see and still have so much love for, but they won't be people I'll go out of my way to see or talk to on a consistent basis, isn't that funny how life moves on? I recall an old conversation with a friend. This was a girl I thought the world, we would always take late night walks at the park and just sit there for hours, talking. One look at her face and I would know if and what was wrong with her. But time and life moves on as it should...and we drifted apart. So the conversation went like this...essentially, she was asking me what happened, how and why we drifted apart. She asked me this from a very content standpoint, not in a looking to become best friends again standpoint, as we were both at a point in our lives where we had new groups of friends and we were in different stages of life, we had changed...we weren't those kids anymore who were best friends, who took walks at the park. But yeah anyways, she asked me that question, what happened...and I couldn't answer, cuz to be honest I wasn't sure. It's one of those things that slowly but surely happened. Messages got shorter, replies took longer, we saw each other less and less...no particular reason, it just happened. There was a point where she got a boyfriend as well, you know the drill...we drifted apart. She then brought up another girl...she was like the way you look at her, the way you talk to her...that's how you used to see me. And I was like damn...you're right. Now she didn't say this from a jealous or bitter standpoint...it was more of like pointing out something she noticed. And I was like you're right...in a sense, it's kinda like she replaced you, but not really of course. But it is kinda like that isn't it...whenever there's a void, we look for something to fill that void...whether you've just broken up from a boyfriend or girlfriend or gotten into an argument with a best friend or they move away. Isn't that interesting how life moves on? Sometimes it's weird...seeing your ex with their new significant other. Or seeing a former best friend with another best friend? Thinking to yourself, that used to be me...but knowing at the same time that if you could put yourself in that person's shoes, you wouldn't...because you're not that same person anymore. Life moves on, people change...but you'll always have those memories to keep you connected with the people you shared them with.

No comments:

Post a Comment