WELCOME


Rodmond - RT - RTtheRealest

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything." James 1:2-4

"Whatever you do in life, make sure you follow your heart. Nobody can see your vision like you can see it."

A personal blog, an unfiltered and uncensored place of expression, a personal journal.

EST 12/15/2009

Tuesday, December 19, 2017

Would You Rather?

I was having this internal debate with myself a long while ago...and so I bring that same debate I was having with myself over to you. I forgot what triggered this debate...but essentially I asked myself...would you rather be deaf or blind if you had to pick one. And it's something I struggled with going back and forth between. It made me think of life in like the most intricate but also the most simplest aspects. Like being blind you can't see...little things like seeing the clouds, seeing the sun rise and set. Seeing faces, colours, all that stuff. Little things like walking become more of a difficult task. Reading, having to learn braille...or even like playing basketball, everything in life has to be modified so you can use your other senses. Having to use things like audio books or having to listen to shows and movies. I thought of like so many little things that we do naturally and don't really think about. But then...being deaf, not being able to hear and have proper conversations with people. Having to learn sign language, read subtitles on shows and movies. Your friends and family having to learn sign language as well in order to communicate with you. I literally struggled to decide which of the two I'd choose. And please don't get me wrong as I'm not trying to make light of either of these things. If anything, it really made me value life...and the little things...being able to wake up in the morning and see my parents, hear them tell me to sleep earlier and all that stuff. I dunno, what do you think about this? Is there one you'd choose over the other?

No comments:

Post a Comment