WELCOME


Rodmond - RT - RTtheRealest

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything." James 1:2-4

"Whatever you do in life, make sure you follow your heart. Nobody can see your vision like you can see it."

A personal blog, an unfiltered and uncensored place of expression, a personal journal.

EST 12/15/2009

Monday, January 01, 2018

Hello 2018

HAPPY NEW YEAR GUYS! So clearly I suck at keeping my word...I couldn't even blog for like 3 days straight. But since we couldn't end the year off strong, let's start it off strong. You know what's weird...looking back at this years volume of posts. Literally every year since 2011, the amount of posts each year has gotten lower and lower. Now I know part of that first half is cuz I stressed quality over quantity, but I think these last 2 maybe 3 years...I've simply been slacking...In 2015 I put out 152 posts, in 2016 I put out 132 posts and this year...I barely cracked 100 as I only put out 104 posts this year...dang. The pessimistic side of me asks myself what am I doing with this blog, where do I even see it going...that after putting out about 100 posts last year, it'll only get lower and lower...and this is the beginning of the end for the blog. But the other part of me really wants to get back to putting effort and passion into this blog. It's interesting reading old posts or reading those notifications facebook gives you about what you posted on this day however many years ago. This last time last year, I was still in school...finishing up my last semester. It's weird when you're in school...the way you tell time during the school year is like every September is the beginning of a new calendar kinda you know. Being out of school since like March//April, it's messed up my schedule and just really made time go by hella fast for me. Before I knew it, it was September and all the kiddies I know were off to university and here we are in January, halfway through their school year. 2017 for me...felt really slow, maybe because the second half of the year was slow, I didn't start working until near the end of the year...so I spent of lot of time loafting. And the laziness in me really kicked it into high gear. 2017, at least the latter part of it...for me was really about pushing myself and sometimes dragging myself to just get things done...and stop being lazy, that's literally the story of my entire life from being a kid till now. Loafting on studying, on essays, on applications, on chores..you name it. Ironically enough we were talking about weaknesses at church today and I thought about a bunch of my own...but the one that I debated (but didn't) sharing was laziness...how it really prevents me from getting things done. The worst is when you compare yourself to people who are in similar situations or lanes as you...but are fully capable of getting things done and leap way ahead of you. I would say 2017 ended up somewhat positively for me...I got a job, I applied to teacher's college...oh and I forget to mention, I really did push myself to work super hard in school and I ended up with a B average, and if you know me...that's a pretty big deal considering how laziness is my life story. So here I am, kinda back at the start...no job atm, no real direction, playing the waiting game...waiting to hear back from teacher's college, waiting to see if anyone calls me back for a job...but it's a different kind of feeling and mentality this time...because I don't feel and I'm pushing myself to not be as lazy you know. And it's the little things sometimes...waking up earlier, writing a lit of things to do down and actually doing it, really using my time effectively and not loafting or 'chilling'...cuz that seems to be my life story as well. It also starts here...because I want to make a concentrated effort to put more of myself back into the blog...cuz you deserve it...and it'll be good for me, so I won't give you any specific promises, but I'll see you soon...happy new year again, peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment