WELCOME


Rodmond - RT - RTtheRealest

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything." James 1:2-4

"Whatever you do in life, make sure you follow your heart. Nobody can see your vision like you can see it."

A personal blog, an unfiltered and uncensored place of expression, a personal journal.

EST 12/15/2009

Saturday, September 10, 2016

Thank You Mr. Miyagi

There are very few people in this world that I genuinely look up to, as in like I would go to them for advice of any kind and I really take it to heart. When I was a kid and yearbook time rolled around, you start filling in all the information you want in your blurb...favourite memory, favourite class, role models...people (I included) would always put down like celebrities or favourite athletes. I remember I put down Vince Carter as my role model, but realistically, I've never nor will I probably ever have a conversation with Vince Carter, so what kinda role model really is that for me? To me a role model is someone you look up to, whether it's their character, their attitude, their personality, all that jazz. Off the top of my ahead and aside from my parents, there's 2 people that I can confidently say I look up to and really listen to when they give me advice. One would be my old teacher and the other would be my old pastor. It's funny cuz after elementary school, leaving my old teacher and going into high school...I really tried to replicate the relationship I had with my elementary school teacher with other teachers. I thought it would be possible and boy did I try and force it really hard. It wasn't till I was older till I realized these are things you can't force or manipulate, it just happens. It's just crazy to think that these 2 people have seen me grow up...literally since I was 13-14 years old and now here I am 24 years old. My old teacher...it's crazy to think 10 years later, I'm still great friends with him, I've been in his classroom and had the privilege of teaching his children and having him really back me in being a teacher, I'm pretty sure he wants me to be a teacher more than I do...and that means the world to me. Then there's my old pastor...the fact that she graduated university in the States and came to Canada at 22 and started counseling us and pastoring us...and now here I am at 24 doing similar things to what she was doing for the youth when she was my age. Literally...it's like the student has surpassed the master...not literally of course, just an illustration that I'm now doing for other kids what my mentors and role models once did and still continue to do for me, it's mind blowing. It maes me really happy...still keeping in contact with these amazing human beings and them being able to see the person that I've become because of their  teachings and guidance and now pouring all that knowledge and experience onto others...it's a really humbling and comforting feeling. Yeah, I just thought I'd share that with y'all...if there're people in your lives you look up to, let them know how much you appreciate them, cherish them...time moves way too fast nowadays.

No comments:

Post a Comment