WELCOME


Rodmond - RT - RTtheRealest

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything." James 1:2-4

"Whatever you do in life, make sure you follow your heart. Nobody can see your vision like you can see it."

A personal blog, an unfiltered and uncensored place of expression, a personal journal.

EST 12/15/2009

Tuesday, September 20, 2016

My Parents Were Right All Along

You guys are probably already used to my loaft-ish ways...loaft-ish...dang. Random tangent, you know in class...there's always students who like speak hella eloquently and intelligently, they use like big words, they speak all professionally and such. I always feel like such a dummy when I hear them explain or answer things. People are always like yo Rodmond you're such a good writer...I don't think so tbh, I've never really done amazingly well on essays, but then again are essays the ultimate decider of if you're a good writer or not? Who knows? I think I have good ideas and creativity when it comes to words and expression...but y'all can tell by my grammar and punctuation and love for using the '...' that I kinda just write as if I were speaking to you face to face. Anyways, let's move on...

So this post kinda follows the previous post...and was also meant to be posted much earlier, but life got the best of me and now here we are a week later lol. So I'm slowly easing my way back into the grind of school and such. Rereading the previous post reminded me of this post and I came to the conclusion that my parents were and always have been right. Hmm...only took me 24 years to come to that realization LOL. It's just interesting...how 2 of my friends said the exact same thing to me and I really took it to heart...then I realized it's been what my parents have been preaching to me my entire life. To do my best...and whether succeed or fail, as long as I did my best, that's all I could really do. If I succeed, that's great, but if I fail...at least I fail knowing I did the best that I could and maybe it just wasn't meant to be. My parents knew that all along...and they never pushed me or had super high expectations, they just wanted me to do my best and that's it.

Another random tangent cuz my mom just walked into my room and started asking me about what time I'm going to school tomorrow and if I got all my books yet and I was kinda like yeah yeah, don't worry (cuz I was focused on writing this post), she went away and walked in again like 5 minutes later and asked me if I wanted food and in that moment I like thought to myself what a dick I was 5 minutes ago and kinda reevaluated myself and talked to her like a civilized human being. It's crazy...how much effort I...we...put into talking to our friends and such...but when it comes to talking to my or your parents, there's so much attitude or our tolerance is so much lower. It's always something I see in myself and realize it after and have to kinda slap myself and be like yo, that's not nice and such....I've always and I still do really make a conscious effort to be more patient and tolerable with my parents and speak to them with love because everything they say or do is out of love. Anyways, this post took all kinds of turns, so...peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment