WELCOME


Rodmond - RT - RTtheRealest

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything." James 1:2-4

"Whatever you do in life, make sure you follow your heart. Nobody can see your vision like you can see it."

A personal blog, an unfiltered and uncensored place of expression, a personal journal.

EST 12/15/2009

Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Nice Try, Shy Guy

So I actually wrote this post in a kinda different format, but with the same content...I didn't really like how it came across, so here I am trying to redo it. So everybody's perception of you is going to be different depending on how well they know you and I guess how much of yourself you decide to show to them. For the most part, people's first impression of me is that I'm a shy, quiet and for the most part reserved kinda guy. And I am...to a certain extent. Only my inner circle of friends and those who I come in contact with on a consistent basis and feel comfortable with have a good idea of the overall person that I am. I say this because I had a conversation with a friend who says they knew me pretty well and to put it plainly...they said my friends were a bad influence on me. Meaning that when I'm with then, I'm more loud, more obnoxious, more immature and not like how I usually an. That really made me think and kinda re-evaluate...well what kinda person am I? Am I really a shy, quiet guy...or am I relaxed, goofy, rebellious bad boy my friend kinda painted of me. My friend gave specific examples like snapchatting my friends play fighting in parking lots or just being really loud outside or playing tag and such...like doing 'kiddie things'. I started thinking to myself...well dang, are my friends a bad influence on me then? I started thinking about my other groups of friends that I chill with...you know what conclusion I came to? I do the exact same things...I'm still goofy, immature, funny and such...we still do stupid things like play cards for dares, be obnoxious and such. But at the same time all these things are just glimpses that I put out there for say snapchat. I then thought about that one friend and it made me realize that if anything...when I'm with 'those' friends or my other groups of friends doing 'dumb' stuff, that's when I'm truly myself...just having fun, with no worries about being judged or looked at weirdly. I was like well dang...if anything, when I'm with you and a few others....that's kinda when I'm not myself...all conservative, quiet, reserved and to myself. I don't really know where this post is going...or even what the point or theme or topic of it is. It seemed like a good idea when I first wrote it down. I guess I'll just kinda close by saying...that it's about finding balance. Everyone\s allowed to have moments of stupidity, immaturity and goofiness at times...I never wanna lose the inner kid in me...I think it's one of the things that makes me so relatable to kids. But at the same time, I know when the situation calls for maturity and respectfulness. I personally don't think my friends are a bad influence on me because they respect me and what I believe in and I myself have the self control and discernment not to join them in the things that I don't agree with. Us doing stupid stuff like play fighting, dares or just joking with each other...that's harmless fun with guys who've known each other since they were kids. What's fun to you may not be fun to us and vice versa. What you nay see as cool and fun to do, someone else may see as stupid and immature and vice versa. Ultimate, I know this friend came and shared out of love and care, which I appreciate for sure, but at the same time...I know who I am and what I believe in and I know who my friends are and the influence they have and may not have on me. So yeah...rereading this post halfway, I'm not even sure if it makes sense or not lol.

1 comment:

  1. THAT GUY IS BRINGING YOU DOWN! GET RID OF THE BAD VIBES!

    ReplyDelete