WELCOME


Rodmond - RT - RTtheRealest

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything." James 1:2-4

"Whatever you do in life, make sure you follow your heart. Nobody can see your vision like you can see it."

A personal blog, an unfiltered and uncensored place of expression, a personal journal.

EST 12/15/2009

Saturday, June 13, 2015

Random Ski Stories

So I've only been skiing like 5 or less times in my life. One like last year and the rest were legit in like elementary school I think? Maybe like once in high school, can't remember. So I remember in elementary school, we went skiing a couple times and I remember like one time...I stayed indoors for the majority of the time LOL...my mom had given me money and I remember going OFF on the vending machines...like cnady and chocolates. Getting like poutine for lunch and like hot chocolate LOL. What a waste...sorry mom. I also remembering never leaving the bunny hill LOL...I dunno whether I was scared or just too lazy to progress and take the test or something. I remember seeing everyone on like the green and blue hill and here I was still on the bunny hill, but I was having a blast lol. I remember taking the LONGEST time to pass the test where you learn to stop...like doing the pizza french fry thing....LOL I couldn't consistently do it so the guy wouldn't let me leave...fricking cheesed me LOL. What else...oh right...so this is all still on the bunny hill...I remember ditching my poles cuz I saw other people do it and I felt I didn't need it. I remember like racing my friends down the hill...it was so fun. So I remember going down the hill one time by myself...don't know what happened...all I know was it's clear in front of me...then suddenly there's a pole with like a pile of garbage bags or random bags there...I legit ski right into it and I do this like front flip LOL...I get up and one of my skis is still attached, my other ski apparently flew pretty far away,...I got up and surprisingly no one noticed LOL. So now fast forward to my most recent skiing adventure, like last year or the year before I think...my friend asked me to go with his family and my other friend...I haven't skied in YEARS keep in mind. Him and his bro are pretty good...my boy decided to try snowboarding for the first time...so he ended up staying on the bunny hill for the majority of the day while my friend, his brother and I moved on. I was so nervous, scared and excited cuz they took me on the next hill which was pretty steep...but it was so exhilarating to go faster, more turns and stuff instead of a straight line. I come down and they're like yo that was soft let's go to a bigger hill...I'm like uh...I'm fully content with this one, I think I could have a lot of fun on this...they're like nah let's go...so they take me to this other one...much wider, steeper, longer and faster...wasn't that bad...it was real fun...hit this real sharp turn and ended up calling for the first time that day...but it wasn't a bad falll...it was like wow that was cool....so we moved on again and went to a deeper hill...this one pretty much a straight like down, a sharp turn and another steep downhill...it was STEEEEEEP...I was pretty scared....seeing my friend and his bro go first and it was like driving downhill and having your foot on the break to make sure you don't speed and go too fast...they were going downhill and were like stopping here and there cuz they were going pretty fast, so I did the same...MAN it was scary. They're like yo you're doing pretty well...ket's go BLACK DIAMOND...I'm like EXCUSE ME WHAT...black diamond is like for experts...at least that's what I remember from when I was a kid...they\re like yo don't worry you got this...SOMEHOW THEY CONVINCED ME TO GO SEE IT...so I saw it...DUDE THIS THING WAS STEEEEEEEEP...I see my boy's brother go down with ease...my boy goes down...I legit said a prayer...took a deep breath and went for it....dude I was going SOOOOOO FAST...as I hit the turn, I saw like the corner was blocked off by a pretty flimsy wooden fence like thing....and behind the fence was like NOTHING...like if you fell...it'd be over...and I came pretty close to that wooden fence....but I was braking the whole time so I wasn't going full speed thankfully...but I was going PRETTY DANG FAST...oh man...after that tho...we went back to the bunny hill to find our friend and took him on like semi bigger hills and just chilled there for the rest of the time...man that was so fun, something I'd definitely do again...but maybe stick to something less dangerous, but more thrilling than the bunny LOL....

No comments:

Post a Comment