WELCOME


Rodmond - RT - RTtheRealest

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything." James 1:2-4

"Whatever you do in life, make sure you follow your heart. Nobody can see your vision like you can see it."

A personal blog, an unfiltered and uncensored place of expression, a personal journal.

EST 12/15/2009

Wednesday, June 10, 2015

I Hate Basketball

Yes you read that right...no that's not a typo. Before the days of ball is life and basketball never stops...there was a period in my life when I hated basketball. Like any kid who's forced to do something by his parents...whether piano or martial arts or whatever...if the parents keep pushing and criticizing and such, the kid eventually begins to hate it...whether actually hating it or hating it because their parents push them and they don't like it. Back in like late elementary, early high school...when I used to live across my high school...I had a basketball net on my driveway and I used to play every single day. Like my boy who lived close to me used to come over unannounced at the most random times and be like yo let's play ball...and we'd play till sunset or dinner time. So the times when I would be outside by myself shooting around, my dad would sometimes join me and he would make me do like fundamental drills. Like he would make me do layups, shots, passing, hook shots, shots off the backboard...and he would criticize me real bad. If you've ever seen the movie He Got Game, it's like Ray Allen's dad Denzel Washington teaching him how to play ball and pushing him around at the same time. My dad would do that to me...we would play one on one or during the drills...he would be very vocal or just be very physical with me and I got very annoyed multiple times. I remember one time, I threw the ball really hard at him and walked back inside...actually now that I think about it, that's happened on multiple occasions lol...not walking away, but just throwing the ball really hard at him and being vocally upset at him. Now tho...I like and embrace that kind of coaching and helping, it pushes me and fuels the competitor in me. I actually prefer that as to a coach who's like oh good job, you're doing great and stuff...I'm weird I guess. But yeah...all that hassle and bassle and negativity from my dad definitely made me hate basketball lol...for a short time at least...but I look bad now and I love moments like those haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment