WELCOME


Rodmond - RT - RTtheRealest

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything." James 1:2-4

"Whatever you do in life, make sure you follow your heart. Nobody can see your vision like you can see it."

A personal blog, an unfiltered and uncensored place of expression, a personal journal.

EST 12/15/2009

Saturday, June 06, 2015

The End Is Near

I had a conversation with a friend and I brought up the question...what if blogger shut down...and all the blogs that are apart of blogger were gone tomorrow, done. My friend asked me like do you have your posts saved on your computer or anything...nope, everything that's on here is on here, that's it. Now I'm pretty sure blogger is owned by google and it's been in existence for a LONG time...and will most likely never die unless google goes out of business or something which I doubt. But it was a good thought...and legit, if that happened...and this blog disappeared tomorrow...I'd be pretty devastated...for a day maybe. Legit tho, I wouldn't stress too much, it wouldn't be the end of the world...I wouldn't cry, it would suck...but I'd be pretty okay with it. It'd be more of like oh wow all of the effort, time and love I put into this blog is gone within seconds. But at  the same time it's like...what's done is done...everything I've ever written on this blog...is apart of the past...and as nice as it is to look back, there's no way I'm gonna sit down one day and read through all 3000-4000 posts...legit it's like writing in a diary...I'm just sharing my thoughts,the past is the past, I'm content with the present and just living and enjoying it. If there blog were to disappear, it was a nice a run, it was nice to get my voice out there, it was nice to have people read my thoughts and opinions and share the same feelings. It was nice to have inspired and encouraged people, it was nice to have had an impact on at least one person's life with my words. Realistically and truthfully speaking tho, the end really is near...because I can't see myself doing this for the rest of my life. Unless I become like a famous blogger like Perez Hilton or some sort of celebrity, I can't see myself and I wouldn't want to do this for the rest of my life. As I get older, when i have a family, have kids, work full time...I wouldn't have time and I probably wouldn't want to share everything going on in my life. I wouldn't be all like oh my wife did this, I'm pissed at her...or going deeper...I wouldn't be like oh man, my kid really disappointed me, sometimes I wish he was a girl or vice versa, you know. Like that ish is really personal...I could see myself doing things like oh my kid did something stupid today or oh he bought me this for my birthday. It's funny cuz when I just scroll through random blogs, majority of it is adults with kids sharing their lives, but they don't blog that often or ever. So who knows...my feelings may change...but legit, the end may be near. Every anniversary that happens, every year I get older...could possibly be the end of this blog...nothing lasts forever...but who knows...we shall see where the future takes us...and if the end really is near, it's been one HECK of a ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment