WELCOME


Rodmond - RT - RTtheRealest

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything." James 1:2-4

"Whatever you do in life, make sure you follow your heart. Nobody can see your vision like you can see it."

A personal blog, an unfiltered and uncensored place of expression, a personal journal.

EST 12/15/2009

Thursday, July 17, 2014

God is SO Good

Honestly I could talk circles around myself about softball this year...it's been good, it's been bad, it's been up, it's been down, it's been easy, it's been hard. But I won't bore you with that lol...I asked myself a lot why God wanted me to be coach again...I at first thought it was cuz Themelios did so well as a whole last year...team chemistry, leadership, winning games, having fun, everything. Now I'm starting to think that this year...it has nothing to do with that at all. Nothing to do with the players, practices, how well we do, how many games we win, if people like me or not, if people are having fun...whatever, yeah that's important but it's looking more and more like that isn't and shouldn't be my main goal. But moreso first of all...my relationship with God...using this position, this season to grow closer to Him. And the more I think about all the way back to the beginning of the season...the more I kinda start to see God's plan in action. From leading devos before practices, to just getting to know my teammates on a more personal level. I shared with you guys a while ago 2 of my teammates sending me very encouraging messages to keep my head up as a coach:

http://thebestyouneverheard.blogspot.ca/2014/06/encouragement-from-all-directions.html http://thebestyouneverheard.blogspot.ca/2014/05/22.html

I always shared with you my favourite verses in James 1 about embracing your trials and temptations cuz they help you grow. And that's what softball has been this year...a huge lesson for me...a test...of faith, patience, trust...it hasn't been easy, but there have been moments here and there that make it oh so worth it. Yesterday another one my teammates sent me a super long text message, encouraging me to keep my head up, that I'm doing a good job whether I realize it or not and whether people show/tell me or not. And that really lifted my spirits because it was so unexpected, but it was something I definitely needed. Like God was speaking those exact words to me saying hey, I put you in this position for a reason...do you trust me? Man...it's been a loooooong summer...but I know God has been and will continue to use me on and off the softball field...and to you, truly truly, thank you from the bottom of my heart for that encouraging message.

No comments:

Post a Comment