WELCOME


Rodmond - RT - RTtheRealest

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything." James 1:2-4

"Whatever you do in life, make sure you follow your heart. Nobody can see your vision like you can see it."

A personal blog, an unfiltered and uncensored place of expression, a personal journal.

EST 12/15/2009

Thursday, June 30, 2016

I Think I Like Her Part 2 of 3

Hello friends, unsurprisingly...there was a large amount of feedback/support/views on the previous post lol. Except for the one friend who was disappointed that he read about past events rather than current LOL. One of my friend's pointed out, hey man...I swear I've read this on the blog before. Indeed you have...along with today's story too probably...but that was a long while ago when not very many people read this blog. If you know this story, you're an OG...but I'm pretty sure not many people know this one.

Part 1     Part 3

This story...hurts, it hits pretty deep into my heart...wait did I say heart? I meant wallet...LOOOOL. So again, I'm pretty positive this was sometime in high school, later than yesterday's story for sure, but I don't think I was in grade 12 yet cuz I was already dating someone by then, but that's another story. So I knew this one girl...we were pretty polar opposites...she was a nerdy, videogame girl...and I'm this guy who's into basketball and a bunch of other things. But we were really friends cuz I had known her for a really long time. When I say good friends, I mean like she would confide in me things she never told her boyfriend/s...I ALWAYS seem to get put in that position where girls confide in me more than they do their boyfriends and it gets me in trouble...c'mon man. So again...young Rodmond, has this really good girl friend, once again, the lines between friendship and something more begin to get blurred. I start to ask myself, do I like her? So it was either her birthday or something around Christmas...it was a really snowing day...like blizzard, lots of snow on the ground. So she volunteered at the same school as me, so I would always see her after volunteering, one day I know she's volunteering and I have a bunch of things ready to go surprise her at the school. I think it was just a card and a stuffed animal...romantic, I know. So it's SNOWING like crazy...I decide to wear one of my brother's jackets cuz it's hella fresh, but not warm whatsoever...hey gotta look good right? I can't drive yet, I live pretty close to the school...so I decide to walk...but it's COLD...so I RUN to the school. I give her the stuff, she hugs me, we talk, she offers to give me a ride home with her parents, I'm like nah it's cool. I RUN back home....I can't find my keys....yeah remember that jacket I told you I wore that belonged to my brother...it just had 2 pockets in the front, no zip, no nothing, smart me put everything in those pockets. I run back to the school, across the soccer field retracing my steps trying to find my keys for a good half an hour...no luck. I come back home, stand outside in the freezing cold, shoes, socks, pants wet cuz the snow was deep...I go to listen to some music on my ipod...WHERE'S MY IPOD? Stupid me put my ipod in those same 2 loose pockets I put my keys in...I run back to the school, search the fields once more for my keys and my ipod...no luck, THERE'S SO MUCH SNOW FAM. I RUN back home...keep in mind I'm freezing my feet, hands, face, everything cuz I wanted to look fresh instead of be warm. Standing outside my house waiting for someone to come home...I get a call...my mom's like oh I'm like a block away from the house but the car's stuck in some snow, can you help me? So I run to her, find her, help her out, sit in the car for a good like 10 minutes to defrost EVERYTHING because I'm frozen...finally come home...WHERE'S MY PHONE? BRO ARE YOU SERIOUS...did I really just lose my keys, ipod and phone ALL IN ONE DAY? Because I wanted to surprise this one girl and chose to look cool over being warm...bro...I hate my life. You know what was the worst part....same deal as yesterday's story...it was one of those things that I did and regretted immediately after. It wasn't just the frustration of losing my stuff talking either, it was genuinely like...okay, I think she's just a really good friend, I don't think I like her in that way. You know what's funny tho...I found out a little while down the road that she liked her...but I never pursued it so she was like oh I thought you didn't like me in that way...which was true...I guess. Flash forward to present day, she's married now, LOOOL, so we still keep in contact, yes we do actually lol, does she know about this story, no she does not actually lol. Wanna know something funny tho...so flash BACK to losing my stuff...THAT SUMMER...my brother and I are chilling at home and the doorbell rings. My brother goes to answer it, I think nothing of it. He's like yo, come down...I'm like okay. He looks at me...and hands me MY OLD FLIP PHONE THAT I LOST THAT WINTER. You don't understand the odd excitement and giddiness I felt LOOOOL. He was like yeah, the neighbour was doing their flowers and saw the phone...I was like bro...I ran back and forth to the school like 5 times looking for my stuff when my phone was right in front of the house? But the snow was so deep I couldn't see it. Sadly tho, I never found my ipod or my keys. My parents must be hella cheesed cuz I've lost my keys like close to 5 times in my lifetime lol. That's a possible 5 people who could break into my house....unrealistic, but just a thought lol. Conclusion...um, young me was dumb...I'm telling you man, I've done some strange, outlandish, wild, stupid things for girls...so I FULLY understand that saying that people do CRAZY things when they're in love...FORREAL. I wasn't even in love, I was in like...could you imagine if I was in love...geeeeeeez, hope y'all enjoyed this love...like...sad...tragic story...of loss and heartbreak and misery...man I miss that ipod.

No comments:

Post a Comment