WELCOME


Rodmond - RT - RTtheRealest

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything." James 1:2-4

"Whatever you do in life, make sure you follow your heart. Nobody can see your vision like you can see it."

A personal blog, an unfiltered and uncensored place of expression, a personal journal.

EST 12/15/2009

Monday, June 27, 2016

Just Keep Swimming

Hello friends...so I intended to make this post an hour ago but I fell asleep, then I was like okay, it's too late now, then I thought about it and I was like whatever.  Anyways...another thing I'd like to address is the numerous questions and comments about me using suggestive titles so y'all will click the links...LOOOOL, like chlll, the real question should be why you're so curious about my love life or about stories that only involve girls lol. But with that being said...I do feel bad...so, if you really are THAT interested about my love life...after this post...the next THREE posts...maybe two, but most likely the next THREE posts will be about some girlie experiences lol. But I was inspired by something else yesterday, which /I wanna get to first.

I was looking through my phone a couple of days ago and stumbled upon a real old contact and clicked on it and started rereading the old conversations. It made me think about when I was younger...I was the kinda guy who would save all my old msn conversations with the thought of wanting to one day reread all of them. Same with text messages, I would keep all the conversations with like my exes and people I cared about with hopes of one day rereading those conversations...with what result in mind? I'm not sure...reminding myself? Refeeling those feelings? Reliving the memories? Which brings me to the present...and I think and would like to believe that I'm now a person who doesn't do that. And it's a funny story how it got started. My phone kept reminding me I was running out of storage and to delete some stuff...I checked my settings to see what was taking space that I could delete and one thing I saw was text messages. I started thinking to myself...when do I even ever go through these text messages? Did I once have a plan of maybe sitting down one day and opening up all those msn folders and rereading those conversations. Maybe the best thing that happened to me was losing my phone in grade 11 (a girl story to come int he next few days) and losing all the text messages in there, including entire conversations with my ex which I kept convincing myself to keep. With Finding Dory out right now, it makes me think about the line "just keep swimming"...to me that's a reminder to just keep moving forward. Saving these messages and conversations, looking back on it...that's not moving forward now is it. When you look back, it essentially slows you down...which is why when you're running, they always tell you to not look back because it slows you down. It sounds kinda heartless I know, it's okay to look back once in a while...but it's when you make a full stop, turn around and look back that you might start taking steps backwards because you get caught up in the past. The sentimental part of me would love to reread old conversations I had with my friends that I'm not friends with anymore...or my exes...but realistically, what good does that do? If you really missed them that much, why not hit them up and message them in the present rather than reread old conversations y'all had in the past. I know it's nice to REVISIT the past...but I would never wanna RELIVE it because it distracts from the now and from the future and you enjoying what's in front of you. So back to my phone running out of storage space...I deleted all, if not most of my conversations except the ones I sometimes look back on for like information or my groupchats because we post funny pictures which I save...but for the majority of my contacts, I delete the conversations after a while or I set the setting to automatically delete after like 30 days or a a couple of months. I wanna enjoy the present and make plans for the future instead of trying to relive things that already happened and that I can't change. Life is for me and hopefully for you should be about moving forward and taking steps towards the future. In the same way you get older, grow physically...life should be the same way. Just keep swimming...right?

No comments:

Post a Comment