WELCOME


Rodmond - RT - RTtheRealest

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything." James 1:2-4

"Whatever you do in life, make sure you follow your heart. Nobody can see your vision like you can see it."

A personal blog, an unfiltered and uncensored place of expression, a personal journal.

EST 12/15/2009

Sunday, June 12, 2016

I Didn't Quit, I Got Fired

Hola friends...it has been eons since we've last spoke....2 things before we get into it. One...these past 3 days...I legit forgot I had a blog...and it was oddly freeing in a weird way, no commitments, no obligations, it wasn't until like yesterday I was like...why does it feel like I'm forgetting something, then it clicked lol. How does that happen, I;m not sure, but it did. Two...a question...why does anyone post anything? On social media, twitter, facebook, instagram, blogs...for it to be seen...would be the most common answer probably. Which is my explanation for why days go by without me posting lol...it usually never hits me until like 10-11 pm that I haven't written a post yet and by then, in my head I'm like oh shoot, hardly anyone's up, no point in posting cuz no one's gonna read it...that's my mindset most of the time which somewhat explains how and why days go by without posts. There are the rare days when I'm super motivation, emotional or inspired where I just put it out there regardless of the time, but yeah...moving on...

So I was fired from my first job ever...it's a very embarrassing, yet hilarious story. So let's backtrack...so my neighbours were paper boys and pretty much they hooked me up and got me a job as a paper boy. WOAH WAIT, Rodmond...how do you get fired as a paperboy? LOOOL let me explain...so when I first got the job, i was BEYOND excited...getting paid $40 every 2 weeks...that's DOPEEEE. So here's the breakdown, you deliver on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday, 60 houses each day. Tuesdays and Saturdays are regular days with just the paper and 2-3 inserts you put into the paper. Thursdays, if you get the paper, you'll know are the big days where the paper comes with like 20-25 flyers, they come in bulk so all the Walmart flyers and Shoppers flyers come together and you have to individually put each flyer into each of the 60 papers, following me? So on Tuesdays and Thursdays you're supposed to deliver it anytime from 6-8pm and Saturdays before 12pm. On rainy or snowy days, you're supposed to put each individual paper into a bag. I can't remember how long I did this job for...definitely like several months...lemme tell you, with each passing month, the lazier and more ghetto I got lol. Tuesdays and Saturdays were easy cuz it only came with a couple of flyers, Thursdays were the worst cuz there were so many dang flyers. To the point where I began taking the whole chunk of say Walmart flyers, walked a couple of blocks down and threw them on someone's lawn still packaged together. I started delivering hella late LOOOOL...like 10-11pm, even the next day sometimes when I was really lazy. I never put the papers into sleeves...and you're also supposed to fold it once only to minimize creases...homie I rolled it up so I can throw it better like a football LOOOL. The most memorable moment was one Thursday, I'm on the route...if you've seen Thursday papers, they're super thick...so I underhand chuck it to a house like 10 meters away and it EXPLODES....it's also a windy day, so it's gone by then...all the flyers are flying through the street...I start DYING of laughter...I don't even finish the route...I run home and just laugh LOL. So wanna know how I got fired...one day after school...my friends are over, we're playing videogames...ding dong...IT'S THE FRICKIN LADY THAT HIRED ME with some dude LOOOOOL....she's like we've been getting complaints of late papers and missing flyers...I'm like what? My boys are behind me like dying...she goes...come with me. We walk like a block and she points to the ground....THE CHUNK OF FLYERS are sitting there LOOOL. Keep in mind I did this numerous times to numerous flyers...and stupid me only walked like a block away from my house. So she's like is that yours? I'm 'like no...she's like I know it's yours...I'm like okay, it's not. She's like here's what's gonna happen, you're gonna take this, deliver today and it's gonna be your last day...I'm like okay...she's like don't even think about using us as a reference LOOOOOOL. So, I go home...my friends are dying of laughter. I didn't end up doing the route LOOOL...you know what cheeses me...you get point for like every paper you deliver, so I got a decent amount of points, so I was gonna quit anyways, so I used my points to get basketball, but I never got it cuz I was fired LOL, what a waste of my points. But as I got older and looked back on this...I would not recommend this job to anybody...for the work that you do and the amount you get paid....it's a terrible starter job for any kid. Anyways, hope this made you laugh cuz I had a hilarious time writing this lol, peace.

1 comment:

  1. don't let your employers see this Rodmond. careful abount what u show in the web

    ReplyDelete