WELCOME


Rodmond - RT - RTtheRealest

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything." James 1:2-4

"Whatever you do in life, make sure you follow your heart. Nobody can see your vision like you can see it."

A personal blog, an unfiltered and uncensored place of expression, a personal journal.

EST 12/15/2009

Wednesday, June 29, 2016

I Think I Like Her Part 1 of 3

So you know what's super dope to me. The fact that I know a good chunk of my viewers are much or a bit younger than me. That and the fact that a lot of the stories and experiences that I share are ones that I experienced when I was your age or around. Hopefully y'all can relate, take my advice, laugh, do things similarly or differently.

Part 2     Part 3

Anyways, no clickbait...y'all seem so interested in my love life lol, so here you go. So this happened early high school, I wanna say like grade 10? So I was good friends with this one girl...and the lines between friendship and more started to get blurred. I started to believe I liked her, but she was also a real good friend, clearly a recipe for disaster. So her birthday was coming up and I was like hey, let's make her a card, write her a poem and tell her I like her. Back then my poem writing skills were hella weak, but yeah lol. So I wrote her this card, saying happy birthday, I think you're dope, I like you, something along those lines. I went to her house, dropped it off and dipped. My memory of the story kinda fades at this part...all I remember is she stopped talking to me for a good like 3 months to half a year. But wait Rodmond, I thought y'all were real good friends...THAT'S WHAT I THOUGHT FAM. So here I am...just told this girl I liked her, waiting for a reply...didn't get none after a week or so, so I kinda left it. Stupid me never thought to follow up and approach her, I waited for her to approach me, and waited, and waited, and waited. She sent me a text like 6 months later...6 MONTHS LATER, I KID YOU NOT...she goes...oh, I never got to thank you for your card...LOOOOL like wait what, how does that make any sense? LOOOL...again my memory can't remember exactly what happened within those 3 or 6 months she didn't say anything...but I do recall being pissed and confiding essentially in her best friend and we became really good friends because of that...so in the words of Derrick Rose..."I don't know why she stopped talking to me...but uh, thank you." So yeah, years down the road we're on talking terms again, nowhere near close to where we were before, but at least on talking terms. She would always bring up and joke about that time, she'd be like hey remember that time you gave me that card on my birthday and told me you liked me? I remember I called my 2 best friends immediately and we laughed about it. By then I didn't like her so my feelings weren't really hurt, it was more like bruh...really fam? She'd be like oh no, don't get me wrong, it was cute tho...like shut up fam LOOOL. Anyways, rewind back to that fateful day...biking to her house, dropping off that card, biking back home....it was one of those things where AS SOON as I dropped off the card and came home, I instantly regretted it. I was like RODMOND...you're stupid. It's that one thing I'm sure all guys have struggled with...she's my best friend, do I like her, does she like me, maybe I do like her, maybe there's something there. The only thing I'll leave you with is...fellas, BE CAREFUL...I can't stress the amount of times where the line between friendship and more have been blurred for me, to the point where I would debate with myself constantly whether guys and girls could really be close friends, but with that being said...stay tuned for part 2 coming soon...PEACE.

No comments:

Post a Comment