WELCOME


Rodmond - RT - RTtheRealest

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything." James 1:2-4

"Whatever you do in life, make sure you follow your heart. Nobody can see your vision like you can see it."

A personal blog, an unfiltered and uncensored place of expression, a personal journal.

EST 12/15/2009

Tuesday, July 05, 2016

I Think I Like Her Part 3 of 3

Man...so this post took longer than I thought cuz I took a while to look around and find some stuff I needed...I wrote the intro below yesterday, but got caught up in stuff so didn't get to finish the post. Man...my boy complained about these posts not being an emotional roller coaster...going through my old posts and trying to find those notes...THAT itself was an emotional roller coaster for me...refeeling all those emotions, feelings, fights, arguments...geez.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What's up, so I spent a good portion of these past couple of days debating whether I wanted to write about the original post I had in mind or switch it up with one that came to mind recently. I won't tell y'all which one I chose, I'll probably write about the other one some day...I guess I'm not really ready to write about that one yet. At the same time, a friend was like yo, this is the last part...I'm expecting something deep, an emotional roller coaster because I haven't gotten that from the previous 2 lol. So here we go...

Part 1     Part 2

This story lasted a good portion if not all of my high school life, career, journey? I met this girl in grade 9 thanks to a friend lol. I added her on facebook and did the old oh yeah I'm a friend of this person, we met a couple of days ago. We got to talking and we hit it off right away. You know how when you meet someone, it's kinda like a back and forth interview, oh so what do you like to do for fun, what do you wanna do after school, that kinda stuff. With her, we...or she at least skipped that part and opened up to me about some pretty personal things really fast...and when someone does that, you can't help but reciprocate. Needless to say, we became good friends really fast. All of grade 9 for the most part, we were really good friends, I didn't think nothing of it. Grade 10 rolled along and I started developing feelings for her...long story short, she didn't feel the same way, but she told me that if this was one year ago, she would've been down. Like wait what? She was like yeah, I liked you in grade 9, but I assumed you didn't feel the same way cuz you didn't do anything...so here's grade 10 me, trying to take this all in and at the same time I'm braaaaaaaahhhhhh. So here's where the story gets messy...very, very messy. So come grade 11, I still liked her, we were still friends....but we started to argue a lot, A LOT. When I say I liked this girl...like at one point, I thought I loved her, I never thought I'd know what love meant at such a young age, but I truly thought I loved her and that's why I was so hurt and everything started spiraling outta control. For me, it was either we be together, or we can't be friends at all cuz that's how bad I liked her. A LOT of this stuff is before the blog started popping, before I started posting thoughts and stuff on the blog, when it was still like music videos and corny tingz. I REMEMBER...the first article I ever posted on facebook...I didn't even post myself. I made my friend post it cuz I was scared no one would read it and he was hella popular. After that, I started posting stuff on the regs and lemme tell you when I say I wrote A LOT OF POEMS about this girl. But like I said, grade 11 was a messy...pretty much ugly year in terms of our friendship...she started talking to a bunch of other guys, I still liked her, but bitterness and anger started brewing...and out came more poems about her. Jazmine Sullivan - After The Hurricane...THAT SONG...holy, gave and still gives me so many feels...and Marques Houston - Circle...OH MYYYYY...literally feels right now. We literally argued so much, going into grade 12, our friendship was a shell of what it once was, we hardly talked anymore, I couldn't even bare to look at her in the halls...so we graduated high school, and I had lost a best friend. Somewhere down the lines in university, she reached out to me...she didn't really keep in contact with many people in high school, I was real surprised cuz we hadn't talked in years. She told me she had been following my blog and wanted to catch up.I remember meeting up with her and it was super nice, like talking to an old friend, there was no bitterness, no animosity, we had both moved on and were both in different stages of life, but there was a nice, friendly chemistry between us that never left. I still keep in contact with her to this day, we never really reminisce about the past...because why would we want to.

I'm telling you, I...wrote...enough...poems...about...this girl....it's hilarious cuz she knew it was all about it. There was one point where she wrote a note about me...and I wrote a note responding to every single sentence she wrote...I'm telling you man, it was a beautiful but also ugly time in my life. Something I'll never forget, and never will I want to either.




No comments:

Post a Comment