WELCOME


Rodmond - RT - RTtheRealest

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything." James 1:2-4

"Whatever you do in life, make sure you follow your heart. Nobody can see your vision like you can see it."

A personal blog, an unfiltered and uncensored place of expression, a personal journal.

EST 12/15/2009

Saturday, February 20, 2016

God's Will vs My Will Part 2

Part 1

One thing I've learned as I've grown older and grown in my faith is that just cuz you want, think you're entitled or that you deserve something doesn't mean you're going to get it. This paired with the fact that anything can change in the blink of an eye, you have to be ready, adaptable and subject to change. Which is why I always tell myself to have a general plan, never a set one with every step planned out because things can change and if one thing changes, it messes up your whole plan. Volunteering as a teaching assistant has been super fun, it's making me feel more and more ready and equipped to be a teacher. My teacher ALWAYS tells me what a great teacher I'll be, how I HAVE to get into teacher's college. The other grade 8 teacher says the same thing as they're both always around each other and me and get to see me interact with the kids and have gotten to know me on a personal level. The kids think I'm super cool, super laid back and going to  be a fun teacher and have told me on numerous occasions. I've been told by so many people around me that I'm going to be a real good teacher, someone the kids can relate to and learn from. I myself feel like I'm ready for teacher's college, to take that next step. But if I've learned anything in growing in my faith...it's to never expect something, to never feel like you deserve something because things can change and just because you feel like something is meant to be, doesn't mean it's going to happen. Everything feels like it's falling into place...I feel ready to start teacher's college, other teachers think I'd make a dope teacher, kids like me...but it's not up to me...it's certainly in my will and my wishes to go to teacher's college and be a teacher, but if it isn't in God's will or God's timing, then so be it...I'm being very patient but also kinda just going with the flow with whatever God puts on my plate because I know everything will work in his timing. If I get in this year, that's dope, but if I don't that's okay too because I trust in the process and in the plan. If you know basketball, you know who Draymond Green is and I was watching an interview he did about being selected as an all star. He said yeah I think I deserve it and I think I've played at the level to be named an all star, my peers and everyone thinks I deserve it...but I'm not expecting it nor am I getting my hopes up because if it doesn't happen, then I'm going to be sad and bummed out, if it does happen, it'll be a welcomed surprise in a sense. Same kinda feeling for me goes into teacher's college, I've already applied, it's out of my hands, I'm not getting my hopes up because then if I don't get in, it'll be depressing. I'm just going with the flow, trusting that God has a plan for me every step of the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment