WELCOME


Rodmond - RT - RTtheRealest

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything." James 1:2-4

"Whatever you do in life, make sure you follow your heart. Nobody can see your vision like you can see it."

A personal blog, an unfiltered and uncensored place of expression, a personal journal.

EST 12/15/2009

Thursday, February 25, 2016

Nights Like This Part 4

Part 1     Part 2     Part 3

So like 2 days ago, I went out for dinner and beers (iced tea for me) with my old teacher and 2 of my elementary school friends. This is the same teacher I've been volunteering with September and my 2 friends whom I've kept in general contact with throughout high school and university. It was just a real fun and cool night of talking, sharing stories, catching up and of course reminiscing. It's crazy to think I've known these 2 guys for so long...once since grade 4 and the other since like grade 7 and of course my teacher who taught me grade 7 and coached me throughout elementary school...it's crazy to think we've known each other for 10+ years considering we all graduated from elementary in 2006. I even remember him coming to my high school graduation, that was super dope. It didn't really hit me till my teacher was like man, this is still so surreal to me, to think you guys have been out of school for so long and here we are all as adults, having dinner and catching up together like friends. It made me think of even just my experience and opportunity as a volunteer, once a student and now I can possibly work beside him after teacher's college, that'll be crazy cool. It's funny cuz when you're a kid you could never imagine yourself being friends with a teacher...let alone doing things like going to his house for barbecues, going out to dinner with him, texting him on a regular basis lol. But, one thing me and my friends can never get used to doing is calling him by his first name lol, we still all call him Mr, Russell, I guess it's a sign of respect, but also cuz we still look at him as our teacher and our coach, even though he's our friend as well. These are the nights I really enjoy...sitting around with good company and just talking. My thing is I always believe it's who you're around, not what you're doing that matters more.

No comments:

Post a Comment