WELCOME


Rodmond - RT - RTtheRealest

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything." James 1:2-4

"Whatever you do in life, make sure you follow your heart. Nobody can see your vision like you can see it."

A personal blog, an unfiltered and uncensored place of expression, a personal journal.

EST 12/15/2009

Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Be Better, Not Bitter

Lemme tell you I debated not writing this post. I went back and forth quite a few times whether I wanted to write about this or not. When I woke up this morning, I felt compelled to write about this thinking about all those in my life who are hella sad atm. Then as the day progressed, I;m like okay nah...it might hurt some feelings, people might get upset, conflict, conflict, arguments, arguments, stress, stress. Then I thought it about more and I was like whatever...this blog has gotten me in plenty of trouble over the years...this definitely won't be the last time lol, so here we go. Lemme say that sadness is an ugly trait, but you know what's an even uglier trait...bitterness. Okay, calm down for a second, lemme finish. I'm not saying it's not okay to be sad...it's perfectly normal...it's not okay to wallow in that sadness, to let it consume you and to let it boil and turn into bitterness. I've always told you how I'm an on the fence guy, but if I had to choose, I'd be glass half full because I try to stay positive and see the good within the bad to the best of my ability. Lemme now say that I've been where you are right now before...I've been hella sad...over a lot of things...girls, school, friends, family. I\ve been at rock bottom, I know how it feels, so I feel it's okay for me to say these kinds of things cuz I wish I had someone there to tell me these things. The last thing you want right now in your sadness and despair and bitterness is someone to sugarcoat everything and tell you it's okay to cry it out and to be sad and to be angry and such. That does nothing but make you more sad and more angry. That might be okay for like the first little bit to EXPRESS yourself and to get those feelings OUT, but when all you do is cry and sulk and be angry and be bitter...how else are you supposed to feel about yourself, about life about everything besides bitter, sad and angry. What you really need...what I WISH I had when I was at that point in my life was a real good kick in the butt, no joke. A good reference would be someone ripping the band aid off rather than slowly peeling it off and letting the pain take it's time and it's course. I wish I had someone tell me HEY, STOP BEING SAD, simply put to man up I don't mean it that way, but I mean it in a way like...you have so many things going for you, stop focusing on the sadness and focus on the positives in your life. I know it's easy to be sad, it's comfortable...but it's also weak. It truly takes someone strong to tell themselves they're gonna stop being sad and CHOOSE to be happy, it's a choice. If you're sad, angry and bitter...are you gonna surround yourself with more sad, bitter and angry people? I really hope not. I hope you CHOOSE to surround yourself with people who'll be brutally honest with you , who'll tell you what you need to hear even if it isn't what you want to hear, those are your real friends, not waste people who sugar coat things and tell you it's okay to cry all day, that's garbage. I know it's easier said than done...but I've been there, I've been angry, I've been sad, I've been hella bitter...from friends so called betraying you, being heartbroken, family pissing you off, whatever it may be...I've been in your shoes. When you choose to be sad, when you choose be  bitter and angry...nothing comes out of it but more negative emotions and feelings. When you choose to be happy, choose to surround yourself with positive people...you choose to be better, to be strong. I know I sound like some hella lame infomercial or motivational guru, but I really mean what I'm saying. Choose to be happy, to be better.

No comments:

Post a Comment