WELCOME


Rodmond - RT - RTtheRealest

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything." James 1:2-4

"Whatever you do in life, make sure you follow your heart. Nobody can see your vision like you can see it."

A personal blog, an unfiltered and uncensored place of expression, a personal journal.

EST 12/15/2009

Tuesday, February 02, 2016

The Life Of A Teacher Part 2

Part 1

So even tho I've already applied to teacher's college, I'm gonna keep volunteering till the end of the school year...cuz it's fun, I get experience and I get to get to know other teachers and the principal. Let me tell you, it's so cool being able to get the full teacher experience. My teacher lets me run full on gym and literacy (english) classes, I love all the little things that come with being a teacher...marking, going out on duty for recess, supervising kids in the gym, all that jazz. You also see things from a totally different perspective when you're a teacher...seeing the stress and anxiety from the students before they're about to take a test or present something and I'm all calm, casual and chilling. At the same time you also notice the stresses of being a teenager...arguments over group assignments, picking partners and seeing kids get left out, kids eating together with their friends and other kids eating by themselves, you notice it all as a teacher, it's pretty cool. It's been really cool seeing myself open up and get more comfortable with the students as my teacher lets me teach more lessons...it's super humbling and convincing hearing my teacher tell me what a great teacher I'd be cuz he sees that I actually care. It means even more coming from the students when they tell me wow, you're going to be such a chill and cool teacher or when they thank you for teaching a gym or literacy lesson. This continues to be such a learning and growing opportunity for me...I'm learning so much about myself, my teacher, the students, what it means to be a teacher and all the work and effort that goes into it...and I'm growing as a man, a future teacher (hopefully) and a student of life. Lemme tell you teachers put in a lot of work...school doesn't end when the bell rings...marking really does take it's toll on you, report cards and all that jazz are a pain, but also things that must be done,. But the rewards that you get from teaching make everything worthwhile...and I'm not even talking about the salary. I'm talking about the smile on a kid's face when they receive a good grade, the fun and comfort they're feeling in  your class because they like you and the trust they have in you to confide what's going on in their lives inside or outside of the school...and of course seeing graduated students come back to visit you because you mean a lot to them...those kinds of things can't be measured, but they make this job so rewarding and satisfying. Seeing my teacher's board of class pictures, pictures with former students, cards, gifts and stuff signed by former students...it's so dope knowing that I may possibly have that one day. If this is really the journey that I'm meant to be on, then I'm very excited to take you with me and share it with you guys, thanks for reading. PEACE.

No comments:

Post a Comment