WELCOME


Rodmond - RT - RTtheRealest

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything." James 1:2-4

"Whatever you do in life, make sure you follow your heart. Nobody can see your vision like you can see it."

A personal blog, an unfiltered and uncensored place of expression, a personal journal.

EST 12/15/2009

Monday, February 22, 2016

I Think I'm In Love

You ever feel like you're in love with someone or something, but then when you get it it's not what you expected or you shortly realized it's not really what you wanted. It's like when you're a kid and you see a kid playing with a toy and suddenly you want that toy cuz you see the joy and the excitement it brings him, but when you get it, it doesn't bring you the same happiness, that or you realize you wanted it because someone else had it. You realize you're in love with the idea of it...which brings me to right now. I feel like a lot of people are in love with the IDEA of being in love and sometimes I certainly fall prey to that. You see someone with their significant other, the happiness, the joy...and you want that, but when you do get it or are put in a position to have something similar, you realize it's not what you wanted or expected. I feel like all these shows, movies and simply the things around us have made us create an idea image in our minds of what it's like to be in love and to have a boyfriend or girlfriend and when we do end up dating and it doesn't match or come close to our ideal image, we don't want it anymore. Sometimes I find myself in that position way too often, being in love with the IDEA of being in love rather than being in love, it's kinda a hard concept to explain, but I hope you get me. Being in love with the idea of having someone always there for you to do whatever your ideal partner does with you...going on dates, watching movies, spending all your free time together. A lot of people are in love with the idea of being in love and when a girl or a guy comes their way and they are put in a position to have those things but it doesn't meet their standards, they're automatically turned off and either shut them down or go searching for the next person who may possibly meet their standards. I guess this is another reason why I'm really doing my best to be as patient as possible when it comes to love...and it also goes hand it hand with my motto as of late of going with the flow and taking whatever comes to me. Don't get me wrong, if the opportunity comes, I'll be glad to take it and it love decides to knock on my door, I'll answer with a smile...but what I'm saying is I'm not trying to find a girl just for the same of finding a girl. I wanna make sure I'm in love with her and not in love with the idea of being in love otherwise that'll be hella disappointing and unfair to her. I know all this may not make sense...but I hope you at least get the concept and don't fall into the trap of being in love with the idea of being in love.

No comments:

Post a Comment