WELCOME


Rodmond - RT - RTtheRealest

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything." James 1:2-4

"Whatever you do in life, make sure you follow your heart. Nobody can see your vision like you can see it."

A personal blog, an unfiltered and uncensored place of expression, a personal journal.

EST 12/15/2009

Saturday, February 21, 2015

The Background

Lecrae's song Background...also on my playlist for the blog has been really speaking to me. How sometimes...for me at least...I try to take control of my own life and like I want things my way, I want this, I want that. When in reality...I should be submitting to God and in the plan that he has for me. Sometimes I get so caught up in what I think is good for myself, how this will work, how that will work...when I just gotta chilllllllll...and let God take a lead. This refers to everything in my life...I was thinking a lot this week about what to talk about for Sunday school cuz I'll be teaching again tomorrow...I struggled so much about what would be a good topic to get them engaged...found old books and stuff...you know how I eventually decided on a topic...sitting eating breakfast, reading the bible and doing devos...it just hit me in the face...BANG, that would be a great topic. It's crazy how God works when you let him work. That's what I've been learning lately...to let God take control of every aspect of my life. As scary as the future is...as much as I want to have a say and know that there's a sense of security...I know God's got my back. It's like when Peter walked on water...the minute he began to doubt and see the wind...he sank...that's exactly like me...God's saying LET GO...I got you...but I see all the scary things around me...all the bad possibilities and I get scared and hold on even tighter...God, I know you're asking me to let go...to let you take control of my life...and I pray for strength to allow you to do so.

No comments:

Post a Comment