WELCOME


Rodmond - RT - RTtheRealest

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything." James 1:2-4

"Whatever you do in life, make sure you follow your heart. Nobody can see your vision like you can see it."

A personal blog, an unfiltered and uncensored place of expression, a personal journal.

EST 12/15/2009

Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Life Goes On

I met up with a friend I haven't seen in a while and sometimes...those kinds of relationships are nice...ones where you haven't seen the person in a while, but when you do meet, you see how much they've grown or changed. I love chilling and talking with this friend because we're so open, honest and comfortable with each other. We talked about everything...and it's just crazy how much we've been through together...and the people and that come and gone in both our lives. It brought me to this topic of life...and how it moves on...nothing truly lasts forever. We talked about childhood friendships or friendships we've had for a really long time...how some have endured, some have faded and some may be hanging on a thread. Sometimes you just have to recognize when it's time to cut ties with someone...you can't be constantly holding onto the fact that you used to be best friends or that you've known them for a certain amount of time. Sometimes people just grow in different directions, change in different ways...that you just can't be friends. I've had to end lengthy friendships simply because it wasn't healthy or I just didn't see eye to eye/know the other person any more. On the other hand I've worked my butt off to preserve lengthy relationships because I felt it was worth it. Life goes on tho...you can't hold onto past memories of someone...because that may not be the person that they are today. My friend and I were talking about church...all the people that have come and gone...all the things that have happened...how yeah it is sad to think about sometimes...but it was all necessary for us to get to where we are today...and each person that came, stayed and or gone...each situation that happened...helped us get to where we are today. We reminisced to all the times we shared together with our friends...how it was a simpler time back then...but that's life...we're growing up...finishing school...life is just beginning...and it's crazy, scary, yet so exciting at the same time. I was sharing on twitter how as nice as it is sometimes to reminisce and think about the past...it's not good to dwell in it and compare it to the present and wish things were different. The past is the past...you can't relive it...you can reminisce about it, but you can't relive it. The people in your life for example...it's cool to reminisce about the people you were once close with or whatever...but to sit and sulk wishing you were still close to them does nothing. I've learned as of late to appreciate the present...to appreciate my surroundings. I've been just really focusing on the now....while thinking and planning for the future...and occasionally sitting back and reminiscing about the past. The now is where we're at and that is what I'm currently focusing on...what I'm doing now and the people that are currently in my life...that is what is important and that is what I'm concerning myself with. I'm super appreciative and thankful for the people that are in my life right now...all that we've been through...how close that we've grown. That's what's important to me right now...the present...my surroundings...my friends...my family...and what's on my plate. As nice as it is to reminisce...to think about a time...a person...life goes on...and so should you.

No comments:

Post a Comment