WELCOME


Rodmond - RT - RTtheRealest

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything." James 1:2-4

"Whatever you do in life, make sure you follow your heart. Nobody can see your vision like you can see it."

A personal blog, an unfiltered and uncensored place of expression, a personal journal.

EST 12/15/2009

Friday, April 01, 2011

Throwback Of The Moment

So for those of you who don't know my family's from Singapore, but I was born here. So I recently visited in the summer of 2010 and they have this thing called the National Day Parade which is basically this huuuuuuge event in this huuuuuge stadium to celebrate Singapore's birthday. They have like a theme song for each year, festivities and shows, the army (which is a big deal there), and at the end a crazy fireworks show. So it reminded me of 2006 when I visited where I actually got to go to the NDP (National Day Parade). My dad's brother, my uncle....who passed away recently (R.I.P), knew the president of Singapore cuz he made suits for him and he hooked my uncle up with 3 tickets. My uncle gave'em to my dad cuz he's been to a bunch already and he wanted me to see what it was like, so me and my dad and my uncle's daughter went and lemme say it was honestly crazy. Picture like the suprebowl or the world cup....the crowd was craaaaaazy, you have a bunch of people standing outside watching the big screen and waiting for tickets, cuz what a lot of people do is they have a ticket and they use it to claim their gift basket (bunch of food and miscellaneous items) and then leave and give their tickets away. So theres always a bunch of people outside hoping to get free tickets, some people (like me) actually went to see the show though lol. So yeah lemme say it was crazy....jets, army, the president, singers, dancers, all kinds of ish....and the crowd...wow....honestly a memorable experience for me. But yeah the first time I went, I fell in love with their theme song....I mean the future years, I checked it out and the song was aiiight, but not compared to the year I went......they picked some hometown girl Kaira Gong and the song is called My Island Home.....this brings back memories....

Kaira Gong - My Island Home

No comments:

Post a Comment