WELCOME


Rodmond - RT - RTtheRealest

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything." James 1:2-4

"Whatever you do in life, make sure you follow your heart. Nobody can see your vision like you can see it."

A personal blog, an unfiltered and uncensored place of expression, a personal journal.

EST 12/15/2009

Sunday, January 31, 2021

Good Days

So I know this probably sounds weird, but sometimes I like genuinely forget I have a blog and I'm like oh yeah I gotta post something it's been like a week or whatever LOL. So that kinda goes hand in hand with me also not having much to talk about sometimes. Anyways, so I've been listening to SZA – Good Days a lot and it's such a dope song, it just makes you feel really good. She talks about not focusing on the past and present negativities, but rather looking forward to the future, looking ahead to good days. I guess especially given the times that we're living in it can certainly be hard to see the light at the end of the tunnel, but I'm hopeful and optimistic for good days ahead. I've talked to y'allin previous posts about taking care of yourselves physically and especially mentally because it can be really draining having so much on your plate at the same time. She also talks about how her and a dude kinda fell off cuz communication just wasn't there and she says “you be heavy on my mind, can you get the heck out? I need rest now, got me bummed out” and it reminded me of this girl that I was talking to where I legit couldn't sleep lol, like it was so bad and toxic for my health that I had to cut it off. Like it got me thinking like damn how can one person have such a drastic effect on my mood and well being, like this is not healthy. But anyways the line that really stands out to me in this song is when she says “I try to keep from losing the rest of me, I worry that I've wasted the best of me on you, babe you don't care.” And I think that's something that's always on my mind, especially when you start talking to someone and you begin investing more and more of your time and yourself into them. You're (hopefully) giving them your best, so when it doesn't work out in a way it's like man that's exhausting I dunno if I can do that again or like give the same amount of time and energy that I did before. My friend once said to me while he was dating this one girl for a long while he was like hey I don't know or think I'll be able to love another person the way I loved my ex and I was like damn, that's crazy. He's like I caz certainly learn to love my current partner to that point, but man I don't think I\ll ever love someone the way I loved her. And I think back to that lyric or worrying you wastd the best of yourself on someone else. I think there's that then there's also the worry of like well what if I don't find anything or anyone better...which is scary. But then I think about the song as a whole...believing in good days to come, not focusing on the negativity in the past or the present because it's stuff I can't control...but looking forward ne believing in good days to come. I hope this all makes sense lol, if anything trust me when I say go give the song a listen...it's a feel good banger, just makes you feel nice. This girl told me she listened to it every morning when she woke up and I had already heard the song but I gave it another shot and it hit hard, I was like damn this makes you feel nice lol. Tomorrow's February, wow...January's felt hella long for some reason...but yeah, I'll see y'all next month....HAHA PEACE

No comments:

Post a Comment