WELCOME


Rodmond - RT - RTtheRealest

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything." James 1:2-4

"Whatever you do in life, make sure you follow your heart. Nobody can see your vision like you can see it."

A personal blog, an unfiltered and uncensored place of expression, a personal journal.

EST 12/15/2009

Thursday, February 04, 2021

Covid Appreciation Post

So I was thinking to myself and I was like yeah obvs covid sucks and it's like super easy to complain about all these things like life being so different, stuck at home, everything's closed, can't see people...all that jazz. It got me thinking like yeah it sucks, but in any bad situation sometimes you just gotta make the most of what's in front of you. So I started thinking to myself...well during these times, what has covid made me appreciative and thankful for? For one, online classes...yeah it sucks you're staring at a screen for hours everyday but yo I don't gotta commute to school which would mean me getting up a solid half an hour to an hour earlier. I can just chill pajamas and eat breakfast while I'm in class since I don't have to turn on my camera, also during the winter that commute or walk is absolutely terrible...we legit skipped all of that. Online learning is actually hella convenient too cuz everything you need is right in front of you, exam are all online and mostly open book since they can't really do anything else. I thought about all the walks and conversations and bubble tea I've been able to have with my friends, coworkers and such. From just walking around the neighbourhoods to parks to forrests to hiking trails...it's been really nice. I've never facetimed or zoom'd or used google meets so much if ever in my life LOL. Like I've never been a facetime guy, I don't think I've ever facetimed my boys cuz it's weird and anything you can say on facetime you can just say on the phone or over text. But with covid, especially when lockdown first hit...lots of facetimes with friends to catch up, remember what they look like...and it was really fun, my friends and I played like facetime poker, remember among us? That was a thing LOL, and just like random conversation with the boys whether updating each other on life or like yo something dope happened, facetime later? Covid birthdays were a thing...whether sending friends food or drinks on ubereats or surprising friends at their doorstep 6 feet away with cake and goodies lol. Online board games or any kind of game that can be played virtually was big because there was literally nothing to do and you legit couldn't see anybody, it made it feel like you were still hanging out with your friends. Yo one thine my boys and I did was like have listening parties LOL..I remember when Drake dropped his Dark Lane Demo Tapes, we got on facetime and one person played the album and we just vibed to it LOL. Random would you rather conversations till like 2 am, watching each other eat at like midnight while others are sleeping, it was cool to see how creative we could get to still like chill with each other withing chilling with each other. What else man...oh yeah definitely saved a lot of money by staying at home, no paying for commute or gas, not spending (as much) oney on food, def bought some clothes and shoes here and there but for the most part saving money was a big one. The one thing that I wanna leave y'all with cuz it's been something I've been thinking a lot about is like whenever I've seen my friends or we make plans it's always like well what do you wanna do? To which the convo goes to like well there isn't much to do but go on a walk, talk in car, grab takeout or grab drinks or something and it's always said in like a very dejected kinda way like oh man there's nothing to do I wish stuff was open. But you know what...all this has really reminded me and covid has really reminded me that it really is all about the company and who you're with rather than what you're actually doing. It's something that I've always said to myself and others...that I don't care about what we do cuz when I'm with dope people, it'll be a good time regardless. But covid really put that to the test with everything being closed the question is always like so what do you wanna do? But yeah, covid has just relaly made me appreciative of the people around me..that I can go on a walk for hours with some people and just talk whether it's a trail or even just walking arounf the same neighbourhood until we get tired. Or like I can just sit in a car, eat food, listen to music and hang out with some people for hours. It's a great reminder that for me it's always been about who I'm with rather than what I'm doing...so yeah as much as I do miss doing stuff like movies and basketball and ping pong and stuff...I'm really thankful to be able to spend true quality time with friends just hanging out and chillin'. So with ALL that, hope you're doing well..go tell someone you appreciate them, I'll see you soon, peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment