WELCOME


Rodmond - RT - RTtheRealest

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything." James 1:2-4

"Whatever you do in life, make sure you follow your heart. Nobody can see your vision like you can see it."

A personal blog, an unfiltered and uncensored place of expression, a personal journal.

EST 12/15/2009

Sunday, January 17, 2021

Get To The Point

I feel like being brief and concise is definitely a skill and a good one at that. I have a tendency to like ramble, tell stories and get hella off topic LOL that's just me. Some of y'all like that on the blog, some of y'all don't...similarly some of y'all like long posts whereas some of y'all prefer short posts. Lately I've been in the mindset of trrying to be brief and concise, like I was writing a post yesterday and I kinda stopped midway and was like yo what're you even saying, like it feels like you're just talking out of your butt. So I stopped and decided not to finish the post, now this happens kinda often where I'll be writing a post midway or just starting and I find myself like going on a tangent or talking randomly and I'll be like BRO just get to the point. Like I know for myself, when I see long articles or posts, immediately I'm like damn let\s try to find the important parts. Or an even better example, when you click on like a 10+ minute youtube video and you go to the comments to look for where the part of the video you're looking for actually starts. That's kinda how I feel with my blog posts lately...like I still love to tell stories, ramble and just talk to y'all...but I've really been trying to just be concise and keep things brief and like get to the point lol. We had this assignment for one of my classes where we had to write a letter to an organization and my prof is like okay, you have to include a bunch of information and stuff but you have to keep it brief in like 1-2 pages cuz often times, the people that are going to read your letter will literally stop after the word limit they assigned. So our assignment was like 200 words or something, so my prof was like yeah, if you go over 200 words, they'll literally stop reading. Now I ended up doing really well on the assignment (tiny flex) and she was like yo you did a really good job or being brief and concise and including the most important and relevant information, she's like I had no problems reading your letter and understanding exactly what it was you were talking about. After that I started leaning towards like trying to be concise with my posts, maybe not like hella brief but like get tot he point lol. There's plenty of times where I'll be in conversations with people and I'm just like okay, how is this relevant or whatever, just get to the point LOL...so in my head I'm just like I bet people probably feel a similar way to my posts LOL, or maybe not, who knows. Continuing on this idea of being brief and concise tho, it kinda plays into the reasoning behind why I prefer in person conversation above all else, like I hate phone calls and I'm starting to dislike text conversastions but I used to love it. I'm not saying texting in general, but like when you go back and forth with somebody like I hate that lol...in that situation I'd prefer a phone call or I'll send voice notes if I have a lot to say. But again, back in my Interpersonal Communications class, all those non verbal cues are so important in a conversation...body language, eye contact, engagement...it tells me okay they're invested or they're listening to what I'm saying, I can continue. But there's also plenty of times where I'll read someone's body language and it's like okay they clearly don't give a damn about what I'm saying so I'll like get to the point or just stop talking completely lol. Other than that, I hope y'all are doing well...is it just me or does January already feel like it's been hella long, maybe that's just me lol. I'll see y'all soon lol, peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment