WELCOME


Rodmond - RT - RTtheRealest

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything." James 1:2-4

"Whatever you do in life, make sure you follow your heart. Nobody can see your vision like you can see it."

A personal blog, an unfiltered and uncensored place of expression, a personal journal.

EST 12/15/2009

Tuesday, January 05, 2021

Hello 2021

Hey friends, happy new year! I remember back in high school or university, back when the new year hits and I'd go back to school I\d always write the date on my homework and write like the wrong year cuz you're just so used to write the previous year for so long LOL. So uh...don't know if you realized or not, but we did a little redecorating over here at the best you never heard lol. Yo lemme say that it took a solid 2 hours to get it to how it looks now, for one because I'm a perfectionist when it comes to these things and two, I just wanted it to look and feel right since I knew it would be the new layout for the foreseeable future. I've been talking about wanting to switch up how the blog looks for the longest time but kept putting it off cuz I'm lazy and I knew it would be a lot of work. In the blog's history I've only changed the layout once, and even then it still kinda stayed like witht he grey and shades of black vibes because I'm super simple and boring. Fun fact, I vaguely/hardly remember what the blog first looked like because I had the old layout for such a long time LOL. But yeah, I wanted to try something different something bold...for me at least. I know it probs still looks hella simple and boring, but that's the kinda person I am lol. I will say that a big inspiration was me wanting the blog to look like my own personal journal, so everything from the colours to the specific fonts I took a long time to think about and went back and forth a lot before making a final decision. Lemme also say I had found one layout that I absolutely loved, it was like this chill ocean sunset background and it looked dope on the computer but for some reason on the mobile viewer it looked really ugly and wouldn't fit everything properly so I literally had to scrap everything and opted for a plain background but still wanted to make it pop somehow. I'm definitely really happy with how it turned out and I really like the cursive, I wanted to be careful not to pick a font that was too messy or too hard to read. Bug enough about the layout lol, when I was sitting in bed thinking about what to write about, I was like damn there were a few posts I didn't get to write about like a look back or 2020 in review, but then the more I thought about it I was like eh, it would\ve been a whack post anyways considering how little has happened in 2020, for me at least. So I opted not to do that and instead end 2020 with a post I had been thinking about and brainstorming about for a long while...and y'all really enjoyed it and the feedback was super dope, which I'm glad. A new year of the blog means new goals, new milestones and hopefully new post ideas. A new year means more life and more experiences and hopefully y'all will stick around for the journey as I continue to document all that on this blog. For new years eve, it was super simple this year...most of my friends were busy with their S/O's, so I just chilled with a friend, got a little tipsy, watched a dope movie and brought in the new year with him and my parents. It's funny/weird seeing like memes and people be like YEAHH 2021 is our year, gonna be soooo much better...but it's like here we are still locked down and in the middle of a pandemic lol. I mean in a weird way it feels like we're back in March/April, obvs a bit more relaxed, but in a sense where like everything is closed, everyone's at home and there's a lot of uncertainty up in the air. I will say that for myself, there really is no expectation for 2021, the bar is set pretty low so I mean hopefully it's clear waters from here, fingers crossed. My friend asked me a question today and I throw that question at you..what's your new years resolutions? Or if you don't do that stuff cuz I know some people don\t....what're your goals for 2021, or just things you're hoping to get done or things you're looking forward to. A big one for me is graduating college, feels like I've graduated post secondary like 5 times (2 actually) LOL. Then of course hopefully find a job in that field and quit my current job. Other than that, I\m literally going with the flow, expecting the unexpected...that's definitely a good skill to have, as important and good as it is to be prepared, it's good to be flexible for when plans don't go the way they're supposed to. I mean look at 2020 for example...everyone has plans, things to do, vacations, events and suddenly everything changed and we all had to adapt to a different way of living. So yeah for me just kinda going with the flow but still working and grinding as hard as I can, or as hard as my mental capacity will let me in these exhausting times. I'm nervous but also excited...a new year, new challenges, new growth, new changes...I'm keeping an open mind but I'm looking forward to what the rest of 2021 has in store for us. With that, I'll catch y\all on the flip side, DEUCES.

No comments:

Post a Comment